Study Guide 8-3.2-4
1. Know tier words
2. Be able to describe the different beliefs of the
Federalists and the Anti-Federalists
3. Major differences between the Articles of
Confederation and the Constitution
4. Know the 10th Amendment of the US Constitution
5. What does the consent of the govern mean?
6. After the American Revolution, what principle
that can be found in the US Constitution, was also
found in early state constitutions?
7. The Anti-Federalists refused to agree to the
adoption of the US Constitution, until what was
8. Why were SC delegates not in favor of the threefifths compromise?
9. How did the Georgia and SC delegations affect the
10. Who was the most outspoken SC delegate to
the Philadelphia Convention?
11. When the US Constitution was being debated,
what group of South Carolinians was in support of
12. Why did SC delegates to the Philadelphia
Convention support the ideas of the Virginia plan
over those of the New Jersey Plan?
13. During the Philadelphia Convention, were the
SC delegates’ positions regarding the government
and taxing exports?
14. What was Charles Pinckney’s position on the
power of the central government
15. Even though there were more people in the
Upcountry than in the Lowcountry, why did the
lowcountry have more representation in the SC