In order to hasten the weight loss process, diet is not enough. You have to engage in physical activity as well, which can speed up your metabolism and help you gain muscle, which can burn fat.
But who has the time to do a whole bunch of exercises every day? Life is hectic enough without having to incorporate 2 to 3 hours of exercises on a daily basis.
Well, you’ll be glad to know that there are exercises out there that can cut your workout time in half and still give you results.
1. Hill sprints or running up stairs – Football players do this to get fit and shed weight. This type of exercise is great for conditioning and losing weight fast. You can run up and down 1 to 2 flights of stairs non-stop for at least 10 minutes. Your only rest period should be the time it takes to jog back down.
2. Bicycling – This will burn 500-1000 calories per hour depending on your speed. You can make this fun by doing this outdoors, but if you’re time is limited, then you should invest in a good quality stationary bike. Bicycling is a great workout that can be done watching television, so there is no excuse not to do it.
In the time it takes to watch your favorite sitcom you could be burning calories and toning you legs. You can even turn it into interval training by going really hard during commercial breaks and slowing it down a bit when our show resumes.
3. Swimming – Swimming can burn up to 800 calories per hour if you do laps up and down the pool for an hour. It’s also great for toning most of your body.
4. Racquet Ball – The side to side movement makes this the perfect cardio workout and will also get your thighs in tip top shape. In addition, it involves social interaction which can get you working out longer and harder if you like the competition.
5. Jumping rope – This can be used for high intensity interval training. You’ll be able to see amazing results with this easy and effective workout. Spend 15 to 20 minutes for a total body workout that provides cardiovascular endurance.
6. Hula hooping – This can help you shed belly fat in no time. It is a fun and quick exercise to lose weight fast. It only takes 15 to 20 minutes a day to see results. The best part is that if you aren’t good at it, you’ll be a pro after a few sessions, and you’ll have a new skill to show off in front of your friends.
7. Jogging – Not only is this an effective means of losing weight, but it also improves your overall health. Many experts refer to jogging as a great way to lose weight fast. It strengthens your muscles, especially the thigh and butt areas.
8. Rowing – This will tone your arms and help you to burn 500 to 600 calories an hour. You can get involved with a rowing club or do it on a rowing machine at the gym.
9. Dancing – This is an excellent workout. You can do it at home by putting on some music and going crazy, or you can learn some new dance moves by popping in a dance workout DVD. It can also relieve tension and stress and be a blast! Burning 600 to 800 calories an hour, who wouldn’t want to get fit with this workout?