What Publishers Want - Blogger Outreach from the Publisher Perspective
• Looking for content from experts.
• Experts with authorship and
• Non-commercial content (not
• Original ideas that resonate with
• Influencers to be associated with.
• Looking to build reach for their
• Natural human engagement & views
• Conversation –
Comments, Social, Shares
• Social Proof – Establishing G+
• C-Suite Cred – “We were featured on
• Citations & LINKS
• Not Really
• Publishers definitely are more SEO &
Marketing SAVVY than we were
• Google Penguin woke up Publishers
• If you thought marketers/SEOs had
egos. Try publishers.
• Do research, know who you're taking
to, know their audience and join their
• Commenting is one of the best ways
to do so, instantly adds to their
content, instantly gets your message
in their eyes and their dashboard.
• LinkedIn - Full of clutter
• Facebook - Do they use it for work or
• G+ and Twitter are the lifeblood of
bloggers and journalists They are
your golden ticket!
• I'm not a fan of public pitching on
Twitter, don't pressure and not the
proper channel for disclosure.
• Date before marriage, court the
publisher… then try to get into their
Let’s Learn from the Mistakes of Others
Guaranteed Ways to REALLY PISS
What Not To Do - Trust PR List Contact Info
• Typically outdated
• We get 5 to 6 emails a day addressed
• Lists get sold
• Just go to the About Us page