1              +    Increasing reader engagement through embeddable social                        prediction widgets
2    Premonit is a social platform where    people predict on the outcomes of    future events. Users compete with        ...
3                   MEDIA TRENDS• More   social.• More   personalization.• More   mobile.• Bottom   line - More engagement.
4    WASHINGTON POST’S       APPROACHES             Social    Mobile            Personalization
5    WASHINGTON POST’S       APPROACHES             Social    Mobile            Personalization
6    WASHINGTON POST’S       APPROACHES             Social    Mobile            Personalization
7    WASHINGTON POST’S       APPROACHES             Social    Mobile            Personalization
8    WASHINGTON POST’S       APPROACHES             Social    Mobile            Personalization
9    WASHINGTON POST’S       APPROACHES             Social    Mobile            Personalization
10     WASHINGTON POST’S        APPROACHES              Social     Mobile            Personalization
11     WASHINGTON POST’S        APPROACHES              Social                       ?     Mobile                Personali...
12     WASHINGTON POST’S        APPROACHES              Social     Mobile            Personalization
13     WASHINGTON POST’S        APPROACHES              Social     Mobile            Personalization
14            SOCIAL PREDICTIONS• Everybody     wants to know the future.     -   Sports betting: $400 billion/year indust...
15       SOCIAL PREDICTIONS +               NEWS• Increased   engagement with a story• Prolonged     engagement with a dev...
16     THE PLAN
17                                1.                  Social Predictions widget     Video Demo: http://www.youtube.com/wat...
18               2.     Inline Prediction Widgets
19                       Poll      Will either of the     candidates pull out     of any swing state?     and 89 others pr...
20                       Poll      Will either of the     candidates pull out     of any swing state?     Yes   17     No ...
21            3.     E-mail Notifications
22     Links to WaPo article         on event page
23     Direct back to Washington Post
24     THE SILVER EFFECT     Wisdom of the Crowds vs. Pundits
25                 100                    75 Probability (%)                    50                    25                  ...
26PEOPLE PREDICT ALL THE TIME       CFB Bowl Games, Oscars, Super Bowl, March Madness, TV     Finales, Global News, Suprem...
27     +         Thoughts?
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Premonit - Washington Post

339 views

Published on

0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
339
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
2
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
6
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • Premonit - Washington Post

    1. 1. 1 + Increasing reader engagement through embeddable social prediction widgets
    2. 2. 2 Premonit is a social platform where people predict on the outcomes of future events. Users compete with their friends to be right.
    3. 3. 3 MEDIA TRENDS• More social.• More personalization.• More mobile.• Bottom line - More engagement.
    4. 4. 4 WASHINGTON POST’S APPROACHES Social Mobile Personalization
    5. 5. 5 WASHINGTON POST’S APPROACHES Social Mobile Personalization
    6. 6. 6 WASHINGTON POST’S APPROACHES Social Mobile Personalization
    7. 7. 7 WASHINGTON POST’S APPROACHES Social Mobile Personalization
    8. 8. 8 WASHINGTON POST’S APPROACHES Social Mobile Personalization
    9. 9. 9 WASHINGTON POST’S APPROACHES Social Mobile Personalization
    10. 10. 10 WASHINGTON POST’S APPROACHES Social Mobile Personalization
    11. 11. 11 WASHINGTON POST’S APPROACHES Social ? Mobile Personalization
    12. 12. 12 WASHINGTON POST’S APPROACHES Social Mobile Personalization
    13. 13. 13 WASHINGTON POST’S APPROACHES Social Mobile Personalization
    14. 14. 14 SOCIAL PREDICTIONS• Everybody wants to know the future. - Sports betting: $400 billion/year industry - Stock market. - Election projection maps. - Millions of subscribers to Macrumors.• Everybody wants to know what their friends think
    15. 15. 15 SOCIAL PREDICTIONS + NEWS• Increased engagement with a story• Prolonged engagement with a developing story• Social Predicting vs. Social Reading • Active vs. Passive sharing. • Competition
    16. 16. 16 THE PLAN
    17. 17. 17 1. Social Predictions widget Video Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDEzU2hR-MM&hd=1
    18. 18. 18 2. Inline Prediction Widgets
    19. 19. 19 Poll Will either of the candidates pull out of any swing state? and 89 others predicted.
    20. 20. 20 Poll Will either of the candidates pull out of any swing state? Yes 17 No 83 and 89 others predicted.
    21. 21. 21 3. E-mail Notifications
    22. 22. 22 Links to WaPo article on event page
    23. 23. 23 Direct back to Washington Post
    24. 24. 24 THE SILVER EFFECT Wisdom of the Crowds vs. Pundits
    25. 25. 25 100 75 Probability (%) 50 25 0 September October November December January February Month Who will win the Super Bowl? Raw Redskins 196 Weighted Redskins 72% Predictions: Texans 25 Likelihood: Texans 28% 0 50 100 150 200 EXAMPLE: SUPER BOWL ODDS ... according to Premonit’s wisdom of the crowds
    26. 26. 26PEOPLE PREDICT ALL THE TIME CFB Bowl Games, Oscars, Super Bowl, March Madness, TV Finales, Global News, Supreme Court cases, IPOs, Stock prices, Grammys, Emmys, Tonys, military actions, Olympics, product launches, elections...
    27. 27. 27 + Thoughts?

    ×