Be the first to like this
There are several uses cases for integrating custom applications with Oracle E-Business Suite:
• Use data from the HR system to determine hierarchy in your packaged application;
• Use functionality of a module like Oracle Time control in another application;
• Expose services for self-service purposes.
Oracle E-Business suite has built-in support for these types of integration. We implemented a web service in EBS for a project that is an example of the third use case: a self-service application for expense reports, which stores the result (a pay element) in the E-Business Suite.
The following topics will be discussed:
1) Possible integration methods with EBS
2) Short introduction into web services to explain the type of integration we were realizing
3) Preparation: install and configure the SOA Gateway. Specifically the roles were very confusing. There is a large number of documents that you need to read to find the appropriate information
4) Creating the web service. This is the easiest part, you can use a wizard for that
5) Deploying the web service. You need to know about web service security standards to be able to know what security option to pick
6) Granting access to the service.
7) Using the service
8) Conclusion, lessons learned, knowledge needed etc.
In this session delegates will learn what decisions they need to take when integrating EBS with other systems using SOA Gateway, what knowledge they need and what practical problems we ran into when applying this technology. This is based on the project that we did at the city of Rotterdam where they were doing a large EBS 12 implementation.