Scotland’s Christmas Traditions and Celebration
By Ebuka Okoye
What is Christmas about?
• It’s about the birth of Jesus Christ. In fact,
Jesus is the reason of the season.
• It is celebrated every 25th of December.
• It is a time we extend our love by giving gifts
to our families, friends, neighbours and less
Christmas tradition in Scotland
• Everyone is on holiday on Christmas day. This includes
children and workers.
• During the week before Christmas day we send cards,
watch nativity plays and go to carol services. We put up
Christmas decorations on our homes, street and
• We send cards to our friends and loved ones.
• We put up Christmas trees in our home, churches,
offices and schools.
• We also put presents under the Christmas trees.
• Most people roast turkey on Christmas day.
Where did the Christmas tree come
The Christmas tree originally came from
Germany. Prince Albert brought it over from
Germany to Britain so we could carry on the
We celebrate Christmas day by ;
• Going to Church.
• Having parties.
-Have Christmas crackers
-We have food and drinks
• We exchange gifts to one another.