26 “‘Do not make idols or set up an image or a
sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a
carved stone in your land to bow down before
it. I am the LORD your God
“You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of
anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in
the waters below. 9You shall not bow down to them or
worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous
God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to
the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,
Set your minds on things above, not on earthly
12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and
worldly passions, and to live self-controlled,
upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while
we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the
glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,
2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world,
but be transformed by the renewing of your
mind.Then you will be able to test and approve
what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and
AN IDOL CAN BE ANYTHING
THAT IS MORE IMPORTANT TO
YOU PUT WHATEVER IT IS FIRST
IN LIFE INSTEAD OF GOD.
Most of the images you see daily have
been digitally altered or enhanced
Just like these fake images
the world LOVES to throw false
information at us. For example,
”The Bible is a bunch of children’s
stories” “If it feels good it must be
right” “I was born this way” “Why
did God let this happen?”
WE NEEDTO BE CAREFULWHAT
• PARTICIPATE IN
• LOOK FOR
We have free will…
• Christians can do whatever they want
• TRUE or FALSE?
• Christians can do whatever they want.
• But, You shouldn’t want to go out and sin, just because
• we have the understanding that we can be separated from
God and miss out on his promise of eternal joy in heaven if
we disobey God’s word.
• God gives us a choice on purpose, so we can choose him
and not be robots that follow him, because we have to.
So, what do we do?
• You can still have fun!
• You can still do the things you love!
• As long as what you are doing does not
contradict what God has told us is good.
IFYOU ARE ENOJOYNG
SOMETHINGTHAT GOD HAS
SAID ISWRONGTHENTHERE IS
WHEN IN DOUBT
• If you feel guilty and you think it might be a
sin, it probably is.
• Stop what it is that seems wrong
• Pray and ask God for forgiveness
• Ask an older wiser Christian to read the Bible
with you and find out!
The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will
abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and
things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come
through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have
been seared as with a hot iron.
• It becomes hard to tell right from wrong
• You may know that something is wrong, but
you feel no guilt or just don’t care either way.
WE DON’TWANTTO BE
• We want to be like God as much as we can
• we need to be fully alert to what is wrong, and
right so that we can be sure we receive the
blessings God has planned for us!
• Nothing the world could give would ever be
better than what God has promised us in