STR 581 Final Exam 4 PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE ANSWERS HERE!!!1) 3M, Hewlett-Packard, Lego, and other companies use the ________ to managethe innovation process.2) ________ is the difference between the prospective customer’s evaluation of allthe benefits and all the costs of an offering and the perceived alternatives.3) A company can take several steps to improve the quality of its marketingintelligence. If the company purchases competitive products for study, attends openhouses and trade shows, and reads competitors’ published reports and stockholderinformation, the company is using ________ to improve the quality of its marketingintelligence.4) Most established companies focus on ________ when it comes to innovation.5) A(n) ________ is any good, service, or idea that is perceived by someone as new.6) Total customer satisfaction is the general feeling of pleasure or disappointmentthat results from comparing perceived performance to expectations. To achievetotal customer satisfaction, organizations need to_____________.7) A ________ is a set of procedures and sources managers use to obtain everydayinformation about developments in the marketing environment.8) Marketers usually identify niches by ________.9) In ________ marketing, the seller engages in the mass production, massdistribution, and mass promotion of one product for all buyers.10) Particularly when shopping for ego-sensitive products such as perfumes andexpensive cars, many consumers use price as an indicator of ________.11) A marketing manager needs to know the cost of the research project beforeapproving it. During which step in the marketing research process would such aconsideration most likely take place?12) Which of the following is generally considered to be the last step in themarketing research process?13) ________ is the systematic design, collection, analysis, and reporting of data andfindings relevant to a specific marketing situation facing the company.
14) Following the ________ approach to target market selection encompasses astrong knowledge of the segment’s needs, a strong market presence, and operatingeconomies through specializing in production, distribution, and promotion.15) The marketing communications mix consists of six major modes ofcommunications. Which of the following is NOT one of these modes?16) The chief disadvantage to a firm that decides to follow a product specializationstrategy in selecting target markets is ________.17) Marketing communications can contribute to brand equity by establishing thebrand in memory and to________ (in)a brand image.18) “Power prices” use price as a key strategic tool. These “power prices” havediscovered the highly ________ effect of price on the bottom line.19) Some intermediaries use the following: strategic planning, advancedinformation systems, sophisticated marketing tools, measure performance on areturn-on-investment basis, segment their markets, improve their target marketingand positioning, and ________.20) Major retailer types include the following EXCEPT ________.21) ________ communicates a company’s intended value positioning of its productor brand to the market.22) Price has operated as the major determinant of buyer choice among poorernations, among poorer groups, and with ________ products.23) New-to-the- world products are ________.24) _____ bargaining is negotiation that seeks to divide a “fixed pie.”25) The two general approaches to bargaining are known as ________.26) Leadership is best defined as _____.27) Which of the following statements best defines a work group?28) Which of the following statements about leadership is true?29) Negotiation can be defined as a process in which two or more parties exchangegoods or services and attempt to agree upon _____.30) If no one is aware of conflict, it is generally agreed that _____.
31) Training employees how to be better listeners falls under which of the followingtraining categories?32) _____ can be used to increase the perception that employees are treated fairly33) Which of the following is NOT a typical written test used in organizations?34) Examples of off-the-job training include all of the following except _____.35) Which of the following has proven to be a particularly good predictor for jobsthat require cognitive complexity?36) Which of the following is not a primary force for change in organizations?37) The “realistic” personality from Holland’s typology of personality and congruentoccupations would be well suited for which of the following jobs?38) _____ developed a Vocational Preference Inventory questionnaire that contains160 occupational titles.39) Investors bragged about their investing expertise during the stock market rallybetween 1996 and early 2000, then blamed analysts, brokers, and the FederalReserve when the market imploded in 2000. These investors were most probablyguilty of what?40) What term is used for the tendency of an individual to attribute his ownsuccesses to internal factors while putting the blame for failures on external factors?41) Operations stage toolkit for the Data Analysis and Solution Development phaseinclude(s):I. SPC tools II. Bottleneck analysis III. Computer simulation IV. Balanced scoreboard42) The phenomenon of magnification of demand variability as we move from thecustomer to the producer in the supply-chain is referred to as the:43) According to David Maister, the most complex projects requiring innovation andcreativity are called _________.44) Which of the following according to Goldratt is not a component of productioncycle time?45) Which of the following would NOT be classified as a time-series technique?46) Which of the following statements is true?
47) “Hard” capital rationing refers to the rationing __________.48) Due to asymmetric information, the market fears that a firm issuing securitieswill do so when the stock is _________.49) An investors risky portfolio is made up of individual stocks. Which of thefollowing statements about this portfolio is true?50) __________ says to look for opportunities to invest in positive-NPV projects inforeign markets or to develop derivatives or design arrangements that enable firmsto cope better with the risks they face in their foreign operations.51) __________ says to seek out investments that offer the greatest expected risk-adjusted real return.52) __________ says to recognize the value of hidden options in a situation, such asthe foreign exchange options in some derivative instruments.53) Which of the following statements is true?54) A checking account is __________.55) Under capital rationing, given the choice among several equally attractiveinvestments, the best tool to use is the __________.56) __________ says to recognize the value of options contained in derivatives.57) The managerial decision best addresses which of the following questions?58) __________ says that if you transfer risk to another party, you must offer areturn that fully compensates for the amount of risk transferred.59) According to the Principle of Risk-Return Trade-Off, investors require a higherreturn to compensate for __________.60) Which of these investments would you expect to have the highest rate of returnfor the next 20 years?61) Dimensions of risk include __________.62) You work for ABC, Inc. in the finance department. You own shares in ABC, Inc.that are selling at $20 per share on the NYSE. You just found out they will have anew stock offering. You just found out they will publicly announce a new stockoffering. The costs from the offering will be 10% of the new offering. The new
offering will increase the number of outstanding share by 30%. There are currently20,000,000 shares of ABC outstanding. Once the announcement is made public,what might be the expected impact from transaction (or issuance) costs on eachshare you own?63) Which of the following is (are) true?64) You do a study and find out that, on average, stock prices for firms decrease 3%for every 5% decrease in inside ownership. You are watching the nightly businessreport and find out that Magic Tape’s stock has announced that insiders have sold10% of their holdings. You are concerned because you own 1,000 shares of MagicTape and it had closed the day before unchanged at $30 per share. If markets are atleast semi-strong form efficient, what would you expect?65) Incremental analysis would not be appropriate for66) Baden Company manufactures a product with a unit variable cost of $50 and aunit sales price of $88. Fixed manufacturing costs were $240,000 when 10,000 unitswere produced and sold. The company has a one-time opportunity to sell anadditional 1,000 units at $70 each in a foreign market which would not affect itspresent sales. If the company has sufficient capacity to produce the additional units,acceptance of the special order would affect net income as follows:67) Which one of the following characteristics would likely be associated with a just-in-time inventory method?68) For what purpose is the theory of constraints used?69) Which decision will involve no incremental revenues?70) Important factors considered by sales forecasters include all of the followingexcept _____.71) _____ is an important factor considered by sales forecasters.72) A _____ gives the expected sales under a given set of conditions.73) Which of the following does not appear as a separate section on the cashbudget?74) A variable cost is a cost that75) A company has total fixed costs of $120,000 and a contribution margin ratio of20%. The total sales necessary to break even are76) A cost which remains constant per unit at various levels of activity is a
77) How much sales are required to earn a target net income of $128,000 if totalfixed costs are $160,000 and the contribution margin ratio is 40%?78) An absorption-costing income statement separates cost into the majorcategories of_____.79) The last step in activity-based costing is to80) The first step in activity-based costing is to81) There is no difference between variable-costing and absorption-costing incomeif there is no_____.82) _____ are profitability ratios.83) Which statements describe the principal reason(s) why investors and creditorsuse financial statement analysis? 1. To assess the risks associated with expectedreturns 2. To establish recommended dividend and interest payments 3. To evaluatetop and middle level management 4. To predict the amount of expected returns84) _____ are sections of the balance sheet.85) A local retail shop has been operating as a sole proprietorship. The business isgrowing and now the owner wants to incorporate. Which of the following is not areason for this owner to incorporate?86) Although the U.S. has had a longstanding agreement with ___________, afterthe passage of NAFTA, _________ became the United States second largest tradingpartner.87) One study found that manufacturing labor costs about ___ an hour in China,compared to ____ dollars in the United States.88) Which of the following is not one of the Caux Round Table Principles forInternational Business?89) Which social responsibility theory has been advocated by Novel Prizewinningeconomist Milton Friedman?90) Diversity training programs are generally intended to provide a vehicle for_____.92) Which of the following is correct about litigating commercial disputes?93) When an economist says that the demand for a product has increased, thismeans that:
94) If consumer incomes increase, the demand for product Y will _____________.95) The force behind globalization in _____ was the amount of muscle, horsepower,wind power, or steam power that a country could deploy.96) The Global, Web-Based Platform enables individuals to do which of thefollowing?97) _____ is the integration of economic, social, cultural, and ecological facets of life,enabled by information technologies.98) Which research design listed below is most appropriate for establishingcausality?99) Which of the following statements is true concerning the applicability ofattitudes in understanding behavior?100) The quartile deviation is: STR 581 Final Exam 4 PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE ANSWERS HERE!!!