Successfully reported this slideshow.
STR 581 Final Exam PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE ANSWERS HERE!!!1) Most established companies focus on ________ when it comes to innovation.2) 3M, Hewlett-Packard, Lego, and other companies use the ________ to managethe innovation process.3) ________ is the difference between the prospective customer’s evaluation of allthe benefits and all the costs of an offering and the perceived alternatives.4) ________ consists of people, equipment, and procedures to gather, sort, analyze,evaluate, and distribute needed, timely, and accurate information to marketingdecision makers.5) A company can take several steps to improve the quality of its marketingintelligence. If the company purchases competitive products for study, attends openhouses and trade shows, and reads competitors’ published reports and stockholderinformation, the company is using ________ to improve the quality of its marketingintelligence.6) A(n) ________ is any good, service, or idea that is perceived by someone as new.7) A ________ is a set of procedures and sources managers use to obtain everydayinformation about developments in the marketing environment.8) A firm has to consider many factors in setting its pricing policy. We list these as asix-step process. Which of the following is NOT one of these steps?9) The first step in estimating demand is to understand what affects pricesensitivity. Generally speaking, customers are most price sensitive to products thatcost a lot or are ________.10) Particularly when shopping for ego-sensitive products such as perfumes andexpensive cars, many consumers use price as an indicator of ________.11) Coca-Cola’s failure in promoting New Coke was largely due to a marketingresearch barrier identified as ________.12) Marketing research is now about a ________ billion industry globally.13) Which of the following is generally considered to be the last step in themarketing research process?
14) New-to-the- world products are ________.15) A company can add new products through acquisition or development. Theacquisition route can take three forms. The company can buy other companies, itcan acquire patents from other companies, or it can buy a ________ or _________from another company.16) Major retailer types include the following EXCEPT ________.17) To reach Generation Y, rock band Foo Fighters created a digital street team thatsends targeted e-mail messages to members who “get the latest news, exclusiveaudio/video sneak previews, tons of chances to win great Foo Fighters prizes, andbecome part of the Foo Fighters Family.” Which of the following techniques forreaching Generation Y are the Foo Fighters using?18) Following the ________ approach to target market selection encompasses astrong knowledge of the segment’s needs, a strong market presence, and operatingeconomies through specializing in production, distribution, and promotion.19) “Power prices” use price as a key strategic tool. These “power prices” havediscovered the highly ________ effect of price on the bottom line.20) The chief disadvantage to a firm that decides to follow a product specializationstrategy in selecting target markets is ________.21) Some intermediaries use the following: strategic planning, advancedinformation systems, sophisticated marketing tools, measure performance on areturn-on-investment basis, segment their markets, improve their target marketingand positioning, and ________.22) The marketing communications mix consists of six major modes ofcommunications. Which of the following is NOT one of these modes?23) ________ communicates a company’s intended value positioning of its productor brand to the market.24) Which of the following statements best defines a work group?25) Which of the following is NOT included in the definition of conflict?26) John Kotter’s view argues that management focuses on coping with complexity,whereas leadership focuses on coping with _____.27) Which of the following statements about leadership is true?28) The traditional view of conflict is the belief that conflict is _____.
29) If no one is aware of conflict, it is generally agreed that _____.30) Which level of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs deals with satisfying one’s hunger,thirst, and need for sex?31) Which of the following has proven to be a particularly good predictor for jobsthat require cognitive complexity?32) Training employees how to be better listeners falls under which of the followingtraining categories?33) Examples of off-the-job training include all of the following except _____.34) Which of the following is NOT a typical written test used in organizations?35) Examples of on-the-job training include all of the following except _____.36) The “realistic” personality from Holland’s typology of personality and congruentoccupations would be well suited for which of the following jobs?37) _____ developed a Vocational Preference Inventory questionnaire that contains160 occupational titles.38) An example of change in the nature of the work force is an increase in_____.39) What term is used for the tendency of an individual to attribute his ownsuccesses to internal factors while putting the blame for failures on external factors?40) Which of the following is not a primary force for change in organizations?41) The last stage in the operations consulting process is:42) Which of the following would NOT be classified as a time-series technique?43) Which of the following statements are true about time-series forecasting?44) The previous forecast of 65 turned out to be four units less than the actualdemand. The next forecast is 66. What would be the value of alpha if the simpleexponential smoothing forecast method is being used?45) Which of the following product promotional activities would probably help makethe supply chain more efficient?46) An all-equity-financed firm would __________.47) Which of the following statements is true?
48) __________ says to look for opportunities to invest in positive-NPV projects inforeign markets or to develop derivatives or design arrangements that enable firmsto cope better with the risks they face in their foreign operations.49) Due to asymmetric information, the market fears that a firm issuing securitieswill do so when the stock is _________.50) “Hard” capital rationing refers to the rationing __________.51) Under capital rationing, given the choice among several equally attractiveinvestments, the best tool to use is the __________.52) A checking account is __________.53) __________ says to recognize the value of hidden options in a situation, such asthe foreign exchange options in some derivative instruments.54) An investors risky portfolio is made up of individual stocks. Which of thefollowing statements about this portfolio is true?55) Which of the following statements is true?56) A key variable covered in our text for the Black-Scholes OPM is __________.57) __________ says that if you transfer risk to another party, you must offer areturn that fully compensates for the amount of risk transferred.58) Dimensions of risk include __________.59) __________ says to recognize the value of options contained in derivatives.60) According to the Principle of Risk-Return Trade-Off, investors require a higherreturn to compensate for __________.61) __________ says to use derivatives to pay others to take risks.62) Which of the following is (are) true?63) You do a study and find out that, on average, stock prices for firms decrease 3%for every 5% decrease in inside ownership. You are watching the nightly businessreport and find out that Magic Tape’s stock has announced that insiders have sold10% of their holdings. You are concerned because you own 1,000 shares of MagicTape and it had closed the day before unchanged at $30 per share. If markets are atleast semi-strong form efficient, what would you expect?64) Which of the following is not an advantage of going public?
65) Which one of the following managerial accounting approaches attempts toallocate manufacturing overhead in a more meaningful fashion?66) A transfer price exists when two segments of the same organization sell _____.67) Undertaker Corporation has a joint process that produces three products: P, G,and A. Each product may be sold at split-off or processed further and then sold.Joint processing costs for a year amount to $25,000. Other relevant data are asfollows: Product Sales Value at Split-off Processing Costs after Split-off Sales Value atCompletionP $62,000 $5,000 $88,000G 12,500 6,500 19,000A 9,400 5,000 12,000Product G _____.68) Which one of the following characteristics would likely be associated with a just-in-time inventory method?69) Incremental analysis would be appropriate for70) The financing section of a cash budget is needed if there is a cash deficiency or ifthe ending cash balance is less than:71) Beginning cash balance plus total receipts72) Important factors considered by sales forecasters include all of the followingexcept _____.73) Effectiveness is indicated by _____.74) A cost which remains constant per unit at various levels of activity is a75) At the break-even point of 2,000 units, variable costs are $55,000, and fixedcosts are $32,000. How much is the selling price per unit?76) How much sales are required to earn a target income of $80,000 if total fixedcosts are $100,000 and the contribution margin ratio is 40%?77) A company has total fixed costs of $120,000 and a contribution margin ratio of20%. The total sales necessary to break even are
78) The first step in activity-based costing is to79) The last step in activity-based costing is to80) A standard cost is a unit cost that _____.81) Absorption costing assigns _____ to the product.82) The _____ is also called the statement of financial position.83) Which statements describe the principal reason(s) why investors and creditorsuse financial statement analysis? 1. To assess the risks associated with expectedreturns 2. To establish recommended dividend and interest payments 3. To evaluatetop and middle level management 4. To predict the amount of expected returns84) The _____ is not one of the three major financial statements.85) _____ are sections of the balance sheet.86) Which country does the text describe as becoming the largest producer andconsumer of many of the worlds goods?87) The centerpiece of most diversity programs is _____.88) The theory of business social responsibility that holds that a business owesduties solely to produce the highest return for its shareholders is:89) Diversity training programs are generally intended to provide a vehicle for_____.90) Which social responsibility theory has been advocated by Novel Prizewinningeconomist Milton Friedman?91) Which article of the United States Constitution deals with the judicial power ofthe federal government?92) Which of the following statements is generally NOT true about stateintermediate appellate courts?93) When movie ticket prices increase, families tend to spend less time watchingmovies and more time at home watching videos instead. This best reflects:94) If consumer incomes increase, the demand for product Y will _____________.95) The force behind globalization in _____ was the amount of muscle, horsepower,wind power, or steam power that a country could deploy.
96) The costs of delivering products in the _____ channel are much higher thandelivering products in the _____ channel.97) Which of the following is NOT a function of functional area information systems?98) A _____ scale is a scale that scores an object or property without making a directcomparison to another object or property.99) Marketing research is now about a ________ billion industry globally.100) The quartile deviation is: STR 581 Final Exam PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE ANSWERS HERE!!!