Youth work – Estonian
Project Manager at Saue Youth Centre
Association of Estonian Open Youth Centres
Estonian population - 1.3 million people
Target group – 7-26: 290 000 people
Youth Work Act since 1999
New Youth Work act since 2010
Youth work development strategy:
Co-responsibility in 5 areas
1) Open youth work (development of YC, foundation for activities);
2) Youth information (development, resources);
3) Counselling and mentoring (development, resources);
4) Youth participation (development, resources);
5) Labor market (youth guaranty, development, resources).
Youth work law
Policy development plan
240 YOUTH CENTRES in EST
OUR UNION UNITES 120 YOUTH CENTRES
youth work and
Youth worker - a profession
Youth workers – now working all around Estonia.
Youth work qualification was developed by
Estonian Qualification Authority in 2006.
It is possible to study youth work (BA) at several
Estonian universities since 1992.
Youth work has been integrated into several
curriculas in our universities.
Institutions carrying out youth work
Regional, local juvenile committees
Open youth work centres
Information and counseling centres
Church – police – school – municipality? - New Trend
youth work, youth