JALGAON DIVISION, MAHARASTRA
What is Quality policy?
• Quality policy is a document jointly developed by management and
quality experts to express the quality objectives of the organization
• It is the acceptable level of quality and the duties of specific
departments to ensure quality.
• The JALGAON Unit, one of the three production divisions of the Textile
Division, is located at Jalgaon on Nagpur-Mumbai route and is located in
the MIDC Industrial Estate on Ajanta Road. Jalgaon is well connected
with all places in India by rail and road.
• The Jalgaon unit is a specialized in Suiting Manufacturing especially of
Export Quality Fabric.
• The installed capacity is for about 23,000 meter Fabric per day.
• The factory is equipped with a full complement of machines to be able to
manufacture of Finest Quality Fabric.
• The Plant has 154 looms in Weaving Department and Spinning has the
capacity of 25000 spindle on 60 Ring frame Machines.
QUALITY: Company Perspective
• Their philosophy is to leave no stone unturned to ensure flawless
• Quality is critical in terms of both visual defects and measurement
conformance for every trouser.
• To ensure that quality is maintained in all manufactured fabrics at
Raymond Limited Jalgaon they employ best of the Quality Systems
and Procedures which are continuously followed up and monitored
• The Supply Chain Management team at Raymond Limited ensures
expert handling and best shipping solutions to guarantee that the
consignment reaches its destination in the desired time frame.
• 4 point system for inspection.
• Buyers import Fabric at C&D (Cuts and Defects) 2.39.
• In process inspection : They have a quality manual that details how
its quality management system operates.
• They follow the 5s quality system under Total Productive
What is C&D?
• An C & D means that as long as a supplier maintains process average
(% defective) at the assigned C&D or lower, there is a very high
probability that shipments from that supplier (inspected using the
Exchange sampling plans) will be accepted.
• Conversely, there is a very high probability that shipments (inspected
using the Exchange sampling plans) will be as per the standards
rejected if a supplier's process average (% defective) remains higher
than the assigned C&D.
How the random
• Let us say that the shipment is daily Production manufactured Grieg
Mended Fabric i.e. 31,700 meters per day .
• Take a sample of 10% of manufactured fabric at random from this
• Inspect all Grey Mended Fabric.
• If 2 or less defective pieces are found, we’ll accept the lot.
• If 8 or more defective pieces are found, we’ll go for 100% inspection.
• If 3 to 7 defective pieces are found, then take additional 75 samples at
• Inspect all 75 samples.
• If a total of 7 or less defective pieces are found, we’ll accept the lot.
• If a total of 8 or more defective pieces are found, we’ll go for 100%
2.39 C&D- Normal
Lot Size / Lot in Meters Sample Size Accept 100% inspection Criteria for Continuing Inspection
1 - 8 All * * N/A
9 - 150 8 0 2 If 1 defective found, go to S/S of 20
151 - 280 20 1 3 If 2 defectives found, go to S/S of 32
281 - 500 20 1 4 If 2 - 3 defectives found, go to S/S of 50
501 - 1200 32 1 6 If 2 - 5 defectives found, go to S/S of 80
1201 - 3200 50 2 8 If 3 - 7 defectives found, go to S/S of 125
3201 - 10,000 80 3 11 If 4 - 10 defectives found, go to S/S of 200
10,001 - 35,000 125 5 15 If 6 - 14 defectives found. go to S/S of 315
Over 35,000 200 8 22 If 9 - 21 defectives found. go to S/S of 500
What is 5s?
• 5-S is aimed at developing a work culture where by all
employees including operators, supervisors and managers
participate in problem solving process.
Sort - "When in doubt, throw it out".
Straighten - "A place for everything, and everything in its
Sweep - "The best cleaning is to not need cleaning".
Standardize - "See and recognize what needs to be done".
Self-discipline - "The less self-discipline you need, the
Implementation of 5-s in
• The process of the industry was analyzed and correction made due to
which, they got clarity in reducing the unwanted work and effective
utilization of resources in the industry.
• They trained workers as how to maintain the industry, which helped
in improving their performance in their day-to-day activities.
• The quality manual was designed for this purpose
EFFECTS OF 5-S QUALITY
• Overall: Easier and safer work environment is partly achieved.
• Inspection Department: The defective items are reduced.
• The floor space is utilized properly. Employee involvement was
• Reducing the stoppage time of the machines increased the overall
quality of product. Material handling time is reduced.
• An official document produced that details how its quality
management system operates.
• It includes the company's quality policy, as well as
a detailed description of its quality control system.
related to Raymond
• The success factors particularly related to company were:
• systematic approach
• selective training
• establishing a good communication system
• having a continuous improvement system
• human resource development
• teamwork development, and
• effective and simple implementation framework
Quality Manual by Raymond Limited, Jalgaon