* The mast head is conventional shown in the top left hand side and
stand out against the image behind.
* The masthead is placed at the top of the page and it's main job is to
draw in the audiences attention as it suggests the genre and target
audience, for example top of the pops uses a font which is relative to
the audience as its is appealing to a young female audience bubbly
writing is shown.
* This is a convention I want to keep as it is necessary to attract the
* The cover lines should link to the main artists featured within the image.
* Buzz words are used in order to attract attention for example "plus" and
"free", these words both get the reader to want to buy that magazine.
* Around 5 cover lines are used which also link/relate to the genre of music. I
my cover I intend on using 5 cover lines so the writing doesn’t distract from
the image however there is enough writing to showcase what content is
with the magazine
* The background images must also be relevant and appear within the
* Subsidiary images are used to entice reader towards the magazine as
different artists appeal to different people and variety appeal to the wider
audience, especially when well known images of artists are used.
* There is always a main image used which is of the main band or
artist, when it is a band it's usually a long shot however when it is a solo
artist it is usually a mid shot unless it is a solo artist who is looking at the
camera in order to connect to the audience where their body language
reflects this audience and the genre of music.
* The house style and colour scheme must also be relevant to the target
audience and genre and will be consistent throughout the issue
* Basic information is also featured on the front cover; which is needed
for most magazines in general like a bar code, price and issue date .If
the magazine is cheap then the price is usually bigger and bolder in
order to quickly draw in the audiences attention.
* Brand logo and masthead is repeated within the contents
* Large page numbers so the reader finds the magazine easy to
* Subheadings next to the page numbers-gives a clear idea of what's
inside makes it easy to navigate
* The double page spread will feature a well known celebrity that may also be the main
focus on the front cover. One page dedicated to enlarged image of cover star.
* Main aspects or point of story is usually put into quotations for the headline or
subheading throughout text
* Sub images included for additional information.
* Highlighter effect to underline main points and pull quotes which draw the eye to the
important parts of interview.
* A promiant title which stands out against the rest of the text on the page
* Well written story or Q&A on the page
* Having images and caption drawn the reader to the image making
them want to read the feature
* Colloquial language is found in most pop magazines to suit the young
target audience as it makes them feel part of a group as if they are
talking to friends.
* I will ensure the cover star has direct address with
the camera and therefore the audience
* I will have a recognisable and unique mast head
that will become the brand logo. It will feature
throughout the few pages so it become more
recognized by the reader.