* The mast head should be shown in the top left hand side it should
stand out against the image behind.
* The masthead is at the top of the page and it's main job is to draw in
the audiences attention as it suggests the genre and target audience,
for example top of the pops uses a font which is relative to the
audience as its is appealing to a young female audience bubbly writing
* This is a convention I want to keep as it is necessary to attract the
* Should link to the main artists featured within the image.
* Buzz words are used in order to attract attention for example "plus" and
"free", these words both get the reader to want to buy that magazine.
* Around 5 cover lines are used which also link/relate to the genre of
music. I my cover I intend on using 5 cover lines so the writing doesn’t
distract from the image however there is enough writing to showcase
what content is with the magazine
* The background image must be relevant to the target audience
* Subsidiary images are used which may also get you to look at
the magazine, especially when well known images are used.
* There is always a main image used which is of the main band
or artist, when it is a band it's usually a long shot however
when it is a solo artist it is usually a mid shot unless it is a solo
artist who is looking at the camera in order to connect to the
audience where their body language reflects this audience and
the genre of music.
* The house style and colour scheme must also be relevant to the target
audience and genre and will be consistent throughout the issue
* Basic information is also featured on the front cover; which is needed
for most magazines in general like a bar code, price and issue date .If
the magazine is cheap then the price is usually bigger and bolder in
order to quickly draw in the audiences attention.
* Brand logo and masthead is repeated within the contents
* Large page numbers so the consumer finds the stories easy to find
* Subheadings next to the page numbers-gives a clear idea of what's
inside makes it easy to navigate
* Having images and caption drawn the reader to the image making
them want to read the feature
* Colloquial language is found in most pop magazines to suit the young
* I will ensure the cover star has direct eye
contact with the camera and therefore the
* I will have a recognisable and unique mast
head that will become the brand logo. It will
feature throughout the few pages so it become
more recognized by the reader.