LOOKING BACK A YOUR PRELIMINARY TASK
WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE LEARNT IN
PROGRESSION FROM IT O THE FULL PRODUCT
MY INITIAL PRELIMINARY PRODUCTS
Since producing my preliminary production I have developed skills in
both Photoshop and InDesign and from this is have established the
skills which are necessary for me to create a successful more
professional appearing magazine.
My initial preliminary product, shows a lack of
skill and professional format. The image which I
used is out of focus and is clearly not the
appropriate image for a magazine cover.
To show how my skills have progressed through the process of creating my magazine, I
decided to re do the preliminary front cover. Initially I began by re doing the font on the
masthead, as the ‘Student times’ title isn't very clear against the background. I got this
font from dafont.com as this was the site I used consistently during the production as it
offers a wide variety of different fonts applicable for different situations. I then changed the
fonts used for the text and changed the image and format of the text.
The new image is more appropriate for the magazine cover but also represents
what we are trying to say within the magazine more effectively.
My initial contents page was
simplistic in design and page format.
It also shows a lack of design and
pre planning as it was done in a
rush. For such reasons I have
decided to re-do the contents page.
Initially I began be re-doing the text. Starting
with the ‘features’ title and then moving onto
the content list. Making the list more readable
and the descriptions readable.