The Things SHOUG met - 4 min pitch in APOUC
• First of all, thanks for Oracle and APOUC to
give us a chance to attend this meeting.
• Let me introduce myself. I am Biot Wang. 1
year ago, I joined the Shanghai Oracle User
Group and I am honored to be one SHOUG
• I attended almost all activities raised by
SHOUG, and I think it is really a good
organization for all persons who use oracle,
learn oracle & like oracle ... to join this group.
• SHOUG Website: http://www.shoug.info/
• Up till now, SHOUG has held about 3
large meetings and several other small
topic activities. Not so often, but we
really prepared a lot each time.
• We printed oracle knowledge sharing
posters, introduced well-known oracle
technical guys and ACS leaders to
give us speech, book bigger
conference room, provide Oracle
related book as presents etc.
• 21-Mar-2014 The 1st SHOUG meeting
• 23-May-2014 COLLABORATE 14 –
• 9-Nov-2014 ORCL-CON
• Other small topic activities…
(recent activity is on 17-Apr-2014, we
provide 3 topics about Extradata, Oracle
BI and Oracle 12c new feather )
Everything we do is hoping SHOUG members
to enjoy the meeting time.
• SHOUG started from serial persons. But now it has 35 core members, and
about 400+ general members.
• Remember: SHOUG is still very young and lacks of experience.
Of course, there were some mistakes and wrong decisions SHOUG had
made during the meeting preparations.
We tried several meeting forms to find out when, where and how to make
the activity successful.
• Successful & Unsuccessful:
SHOUG is a baby
• There are many reasons to have a unsuccessful meeting:
Conference Room Atmosphere
Other reason, some like ‘removing IOE’ issue in China especially from
government pressures etc.
• Everything SHOUG met is
it is long way to go and we
will try to make SHOUG
better the next time.
• 'Make Oracle Better In Enterprise' - SHOUG's aim, not only for customers,
but also for us to archive more trusts and opportunities in this challenge
• Learning Oracle, using Oracle and sharing Oracle knowledge can make our
user group members be more professional, more confident to facing
• Things are not always bad. We will always see some new guys (specially
the students from universities) attend our meeting. More and more young
newbies will know SHOUG and will come with interests. So we are
thinking to add some basic knowledge topics, not only very in-deep,
internal techniques to make young persons get some they need) .
Make Oracle Better In Enterprise
S H O U G
Let’s Leverage Oracle Together
Using, Learning & Sharing