What is your favourite restaurant?In groups – choose a restaurant that you all knowHow would you rate it on a scale from 1 – 10?How do you make that judgment?Would that help the restaurant to improve?
Parents work in small groups to:Decide on criteria then share with whole groupWrite descriptors for one criteria in table groups – divide whole group into sections – 3 sets of criterion As, Bs, Cs etcRotate criteriaAssess the ‘best’ restaurant against the criteria
Using the criteria from your groups award a grade for each criteria
MYP Assessment Sept 2013
September 19. 2013
• Improve understanding of MYP assessment
• Improve understanding of the LIS reports
• Discuss ways that parents can support
students with assessments
Principles of assessment
• To support and encourage student learning
• Criterion based model
• Variety of assessment methods
• Develop approaches to learning skills
• Provides opportunities for reflection on and
ownership of learning
• Michelin Star?
• Ranking from 1-10?
• How to improve?