This slide deck will walk you through the necessary pre-launch planning to ensure your brand gets the sales it deserves from the jump – and years after that.
You’ve put blood, sweat and tears – and a whole lot of money – into creating a brand that you hope will change the spirits world. But you need more than hope to succeed - you need a strategy.
Planning for Success Before You Get to Market
Planning for Success
Before You Get to
• You’ve put blood, sweat and tears – and a
whole lot of money – into creating a brand
that you hope will change the spirits world.
But you need more than hope to succeed.
• This slide deck will walk you through the
necessary pre-launch planning to ensure
your brand gets the sales it deserves from
the jump – and years after that.
• Lisa Pietsch has been a passionate tequila enthusiast
since 1989 and a social media manager and strategist
• She began by building communities like Families.com
from 20 to 20,000 members within 1 year's time,
becoming a sought after community builder, social
media manager, author, and speaker.
• In 2012, Lisa Pietsch partnered with Mike Morales and
Alex Perez to make Tequila Aficionado Media the largest,
most active and engaged website and social networks
dedicated exclusively to craft tequila and Mexican spirits.
• Now, Lisa is available to help you do the same for your
SETTING SOCIAL GOALS
• Set your brand goals for the upcoming year including distribution, sales, events, etc.
o Create a calendar so you can plan your social pushes accordingly
• Set an annual social advertising budget for your brand.
o Advertising on social networks has the highest ROI of all advertising today
• Determine which network will get the most bang for your advertising dollars
o Advertising on Facebook and Instagram is the best way to gain exposure today
• Build out all of your social profiles (see my additional presentations on how to set each one up
optimally and level up)
o Ensure consumers can find and recommend your brand online
• Get professional photos taken of your brand/expressions
• Don’t break the bank, but a good set of glamour shots can go a long way
• Create a brand icon that represents your brand
• Your brand logo or label is usually best and most recognizable
• Create a branded header graphic modified to fit each network for consistent
branding on all your networks
• These are prime real estate for showing off your brand in the best light
• Create an annual social & advertising strategy
• Without a strategy, you’re just wasting time
• Break down your social and advertising strategy into monthly tasks
• This helps to create an editorial calendar for your social networks
• Set up your Social Advertising Campaigns in accordance with your annual goals
• Plan ahead for the big holidays so you don’t get shuffled into the crowd
GET THE PROS ON YOUR SIDE
• Consult with Mike Morales of Tequila Aficionado about your unique position in the agave
o Mike can offer unique insights that will help you as you prepare to enter the market
• Consult with Lisa Pietsch for an analysis of your social networks
o Lisa can offer niche-specific insights on growing your social networks quickly and
She can even set up your networks for you
HIT THE GROUND RUNNING
• Curate all of the positive posts available on the internet about your brand
o User generated content provides the social proof that consumers want
• Frontload all of your social networks with user generated posts as appropriate
o Ensure your social networks are scheduled with regular posts before you launch
• Start posting memes, videos, cocktails and glamour shots of your brand and reposting
those of industry related accounts
o Remember, if you only broadcast about your brand, consumers will get tired of you –
so mix it up!
• Plan for your tequila brand’s success
instead of leaving marketing and
advertising as an afterthought.
• Do the pre-launch planning in this deck to
ensure your brand gets the sales it
deserves from the jump – and years after