How do you ensure that all students are successful in experiencing the legitimate instructional functionality of the iPad AND achieve a technical baseline of skills? iPad Base Camps of course!
This slide deck is designed to be used in conjunction with a professional development session that highlights the process we have used for the past 3 years. The deck highlights apps and examples as well as logistical tips and structures for communication, process, and organization for delivering large scale professional development to secondary students.
The session's objectives are to:
* Become familiar with the baseline needs (instructional) and tools/apps students need to be successful in their secondary education career and life.
* Experience a version of the iPad Base Camp.
* Review the rationale for station focus and application selection.
* Explore the process of creating an iPad Base Camp from permissions and communications to support, logistics, supply, and setup.
* Evaluate our process and plans and assess it against what you know if your own students and population and begin planning your own iPad Base Camp