• LTO (Link-Time Optimizations)
• Make sure it works for AArch32 and AArch64
• Need machines with 8GB+ RAM for native
• Donate machines to lead community developers?
• RA (Register Allocation)
• AArch64 performance
• New scheduling pipeline descriptions
• New RTX cost models
• Bugs reported by member companies
• Worst kind
• How can we deliver seamless compiler experience to our clients?
• Bugs reported by community
• Good kind
• Encourage community to fix bugs
• Bugs found within Linaro
• Best kind
• Automated testing bots
• Feature parity
• What are main missing features compared to x86?
• Does every single feature have to be supported?
• Optimization parity
• arm-linux-gnueabi -fno-<optimization> => 5% drop
• i686-linux-gnu -fno-<optimization> => 8% drop
• optimization provides 8% on x86, but only 5% on ARM
• Where are extra 3% of performance?
• Candy for ideas
• Candy for critiques
• Candy for striking out another theme
More about Linaro Connect: http://connect.linaro.org
More about Linaro: http://www.linaro.org/about/
More about Linaro engineering: http://www.linaro.org/engineering/
Linaro members: www.linaro.org/members