Successfully reported this slideshow.
You can bring:
pens and pencils
Lida Berisha 118338
• You are going to read a text about Frida Kahlo’s biography.
And place the letter of the correct answer in the blank
preceding the question.
• Frida Kahlo was born on July 6, 1907 . Kahlo's life began and ended
in Mexico City
• She suffered serious injuries as a result of the accident,
including a broken spinal column, Diego Rivera, was her husband
and they were married in 1929 .He was a painter too. Frida had
always admired Diego and his work.
• After the accident, Frida Kahlo turned her attention away from the
study of medicine to begin a full-time painting career. Her self-
portraits became a dominant part of her life when she was immobile
for three months after her accident. Frida Kahlo once said, "I paint
myself because I am often alone and I am the subject I know best".
Of her 143 paintings, 55 are self-portraits which often incorporate
symbolic portrayals of physical and psychological wounds.
• 1. _____ Frida Kahlo was born on:
2._____ As a result of the accident Frida Kahlo.
(a) Had broken spinal
(b)She was in comma for 3 months
(c) She suffered heart attack
(d)She had broken fingers.
• 3._____Diego Rivera was:
• (a)Frida’s Kahlos professor
• (b)her doctor
• (c) her husband
• (d) her father
• 4._____How many paintings she had done all
• 5_____How many self portraits she had?
2.-Indicate whether the following statements
are true or false by placing a
T or F in the space preceding the statement
• 1). Frida was from Mexico city. T/F
• 2). She had and accident. T/F
• 3). She was a singer. T/F
• 4). Frida’s husband was a singer. T/F
• 5). She never painted a self portrait. T/F
Read the text. And match items from A to B to
form John Lennon’s biography.
• John Lennon was born, October 1940, in Liverpool. In the late
1950s John formed a rock group called the Quarry Men Skiffle
Band. This was the precursor to the Beatles. Lennon was
considered the leader of the Beatles, due to his superior age and
also his musical abilities
• The first concert of the Beatles was at the Cavern club in
Liverpool on 21st March, 1961.
• In the early 1960s, he made an off the cuff remark about Jesus
that landed the group in a mire of controversy. John Lennon said
that “the Beatles were more popular than Jesus Christ.” After
1970, John Lennon created a very successful solo career, often
with the help of his second wife, Yoko. John Lennon was shot
dead in 1980, by David Chapman – an obsessed fan. The death
shocked the world, both musical and non musical.
• Leader of the Beatles *Band
• Yoko *John Lennon
• Quarry Men Skiffle *Lennon’s wife
• David Chapman *Obsessed fun
• Solo career * 1970
Read the text about John Lennon and
answer the questions:
1.)*When was John Lennon born?
2.)*Who is John Lennon and why is he so
3.)*What was John Lennon’s first band called?
4.)*When was the Beatles first concert?
5.)*Who killed John Lennon?
Write an essay about:
• How has your family history, culture or
environment influenced who you are?
• Grading checklist:
• Thesis and Introduction 20%
• Organization and the Support and Development of Ideas 35%
• Style 15%
• Use of Quotations 15%
• Mechanics 15%
• Don’t give yes/no answers
• Explain ‘why’
• Keep going
• Speak up!
topic: Describe non-material
things that make you happy
Communicative Success 25%