WHO WOULD BE THE AUDIENCE FOR
YOUR MEDIA PRODUCT
By Lucy Hytner
MY PRIMARY AUDIENCE
• My primary audience would be middle aged adults, this is because I think
these are the kind of people that would be able to emotionally connect and
understand my opening sequence. Adults with children will be my primary
audience because I believe they will be able to relate to the opening
sequence the most, as they may be able to imagine if their kids got abducted
what they may feel. This is important because I want my opening sequence
to be relatable as it is based on an event that is quite common young
• People any younger that 16 probably will not understand the issue because
they are not old enough to understand what an important issue this is, unlike
middle aged adults they may not have had the same experiences and be
aware of the problems in the world like adults are aware. Children probably
would not enjoy my opening sequence because it may be scary for them,
and therefore it would not be productive to watch
• My secondary audience may be slightly older than adults with
younger kids, this is because many people older will still be
aware of the problems, and still be able to realize how horrifying
it would be to loose a child without knowing why
• Older adults may have had kids that have already grown up and
therefore be able to imagine what it would have been like if their
kid had been abducted and therefore they would be able to
emotionally connect to my opening sequence
• Psychographics is the study of personality, values, attitudes,
interests, and lifestyles.
• Psychographic studies of individuals/ communities was valuable
when I was trying to decide the main audience I should
distribute my opening sequence to, the fact that many mothers
have the same interest and lifestyle as the mother in my
opening sequence it made me realize that I should make them
my target audience.
• I created a questionnaire and targeted different people in society, who are of
different ages, gender and ethnicity. I asked questions to help me try and
figure out my target audience.
• TWITTER = I tweeted my opening sequence to try and get my
followers to watch it, I also had it retweeted therefore this
helped spread the word about my product. My posting it on
twitter I released it to social media where it could then spread by
word of mouth and through twitter. This would of helped with the
distribution as more people would watch the film as they where
aware of it.
• FACEBOOK = I posted my video on Facebook, therefore my
friends and family could see it and pass it on to other people,
this also distribute it.
FACEBOOK FAN PAGE
• I made a Facebook fan page to try and attract audience and
advertise my opening sequence.
• I was hoping that my opening sequence may spread by word of
mouth once I have created the Facebook fan page.
People who like or follow the page where able to follow the
making of the opening sequence, and therefore they where
aware when the film was distributed and could get involved with
marketing the opening sequence
• If a TV company like the BBC distributes my film, then they
could produce adverts to entice people into watching my
product, this would be effective as I would try and make the
advert interesting and leave it on a cliff hanger so that the
audience will want to carry on watching.
• Adverts are very effective because it targets the audience that
would actually sit and watch my sequence, my target audience
are the kind of people that watch the TV, and therefore the ones
that would catch my product on television.
• My questionnaire would of helped people realize that was film
was going to be released, and therefore would of helped
• People who where my target audience who completed the
questionnaire would want to see if after they have watched the
extract and completed the questionnaire, and therefore this
helped with my advertisement.