"Because everyone embraces a culture
of sharing, I beneﬁt.”
“The beneﬁts of one idea or comment can
be golden to someone.”
"If you generally think of the Internet as a 'place to
look up stuff' you're missing the best part.”
what’s your vision?
“management vs. leadership”
Empower or Limit?
• What main idea(s) is the author trying to share?
• What support does the author provide for his/her
• Do you agree/disagree with the sentiments shared?
• How does the information in this post impact your
work as a future administrator?
Current realities and
analysis of what is
needed to move
Action plan with goals
Technology Plan Components
Qualities of exemplary tech plans
• Focused on student
• Grounded in research
and best practices
• Aligned to other
• Simple and clear
• Useful and achievable
Williamson & Redish (2009)
• Review the technology plan as it relates to these key
components of the NETP:
Learning, Assessment, Teaching,
• Does the plan you’re critiquing address these topics?
• Describes the positive elements of the plan you’re
critiquing. Explain where it’s lacking.
• What is the vision for technology use in your school, district,
• How many system members are able to articulate the vision
clearly? How many buy into it?
• State and federal policies mandate tech plans for school
districts, not schools. As a result, there may have been a
decrease in the number of school-level technology plans.
Does your school have a technology plan? Do schools in your
district or state? Why or why not? Do you think each
individual school needs a technology plan? Why or why not?
• Do we really need to identify separate technology plans? Or
should it just be included in the business of what we do every
day to support teaching and learning?
• What is it?
• How does it involve technology integration to best
• What would administrators need to know about this?
• Any other resources you found to share with your