Leslie Marie Hastings
P.O. Box 302
Statesboro, GA 30459
Objective: To obtain a position as an Early Childhood Education Teacher.
B.S. in Early Childhood Education at Georgia Southern University
Graduation date: December 9, 2005
Certification: Early Childhood Education (PreK-5)
GPA in Education: 3.4
Currently pursuing a M.S. in Instructional Technology at Georgia Southern University
Graduation Date: July, 2010
Certification: Media Specialists
Current GPA: 3.8
• I have a serious commitment to be the best teacher for each group of students I have the
opportunity to teach.
• I will work hard to be a positive influence in the lives of my students, their parents, and my fellow
• To keep up with the most effective teaching methods, I wish to attend workshops, obtain a
master’s degree, and interact with other teachers for advice and to learn new ideas.
Teaching Positions – Kindergarten (August 2006-Present) Screven County Elementary School
Student Teaching – First Grade (August 2005 – December 2005) Screven County Elementary School
• Used centers for math, reading, and writing to complement the child-based hands-on curriculum.
• Designed 12 day unit on transportation/map skills.
• Taught small reading groups.
Practicum (270 hours). Observed classroom and taught lessons one-on-one, to small groups, or to the
whole class. Two classrooms total, Grades 1-3.
• Completed lesson plans on various children’s books, poems, and themes.
• Created three day learning plan on sequencing events.
• Designed 6 day unit on heat energy
Foreign Mission Work (spent 4 weeks in Bolivia teaching children English)
Relay for Life
Children’s Miracle Network
Habitat for Humanity
Skills and Activities:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Smart Software
• Phi Mu Sorority, Active member, 2001-2005
• International Reading Association, Member 2003-2005