Granite Lotus User Group November 2012 ICS Updates
- 1. What's New With ICS/IBM Update
Chicago Lotus User Group - November 2012
IBM Collaboration Solutions
- 2. Upcoming Events
• IBM Connect 2013
– Orlando, FL - Jan 27 – 31, 2013
– St Louis, MO - May 6 – 7, 2013
• IBM Exceptional Web Experience
– Chicago, IL - May 20 – 23, 2013
– Indianapolis, IN – Aug 21- 23, 2013
• More to come...
– @lguiriga – www.LuisGuirigay.com
©2012 IBM Corporation 3
- 3. IBM Notes and Domino Social Edition
• Why ruin the surprise ?
– Just watch the Webcast tomorrow
©2012 IBM Corporation 4
- 4. IBM Sametime “Next”
IBM’s statements regarding its plans, directions, and intent are subject to change or
withdrawal without notice at IBM’s sole discretion. Information regarding potential future
products is intended to outline our general product direction and it should not be relied on in
making a purchasing decision.
The information mentioned regarding potential future products is not a commitment,
promise, or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. Information about
potential future products may not be incorporated into any contract. The development,
release, and timing of any future features or functionality described for our products remains
at our sole discretion.
©2012 IBM Corporation 5
- 6. IBM Sametime
• Let's get on the same page
– One of the best solutions ever....
– Not only Domino shops using it
• Quick Poll
– Sametime Entry
– Sametime Standard
– Sametime Advanced
– Sametime Gateway
– Sametime Unified Telephony
©2012 IBM Corporation 7
- 7. IBM Sametime
open Social secure
©2012 IBM Corporation 8
- 9. IBM Sametime “Next” - Mobile
Voice & Video on mobile devices
Video enabled mobile
Voice & Video chat
Voice and Video softphone
Mobile meeting enhancements
Additional social integration
Integration with file/document
Mobile client APIs
e.g. Connections Mobile
©2012 IBM Corporation 10
- 10. IBM Sametime “Next” - Mobile
Single tap join to a visual audio conference interface.
Speeds entry and eliminates roll calls.
You can see all invitees,
including those that
Joining takes you to the
meeting and joins you to
the audio ©2012 IBM Corporation 11
- 11. IBM Sametime “Next” - Mobile
Integrated Profiles eliminate time wasted on introductions.
Quickly share local content or that stored in social services.
Slide in a panel shows
information about the
people in the meeting –
from IBM Connections,
Share content from the
iPad or external
©2012 IBM Corporation 12
- 12. IBM Sametime “Next” - Mobile
Since everyone is in the visual environment, engaging continuous
presence video is a tap away.
©2012 IBM Corporation 13
- 13. IBM Sametime “Next” - Social Integration
– Meetings and Video Chat Widgets for Connections
– Search Profiles via Sametime Quick Find toolbar
– Integration of meeting room libraries and Connections Files
– Save meetings to-do items as to-do entries on Connections
– Save meeting polls to Connections Bookmarks,
Files and Forums.
– Save announcements as microblog postings on
– Server side recording
– Access Control Lists
– Remote Control
©2012 IBM Corporation 14
- 15. Fight the competition – Quick Poll
• How many of you (or your employer) are:
– running Notes/Domino for Mail and Apps ?
– running Notes/Domino for Mail ?
– considering moving away from Notes/Domino?
©2012 IBM Corporation 16
- 16. Fight the competition
• Engage your IBM Team – WE CARE !
– Local Rep and CTPs
– TCO & Trust Factory Analysis
– IBM Tiger Team
– Project Liberate
• According to latest Ferris Research it costs $300/user just to
migrate mail from Domino to Exchange
– And this is without including Apps !
©2012 IBM Corporation 17
- 17. Fight the competition
• Don't have Admin skills ?
– Go to SmartCloud ! Multiple flavors to pick !
• Not on the latest version of Notes/Domino ?
– Upgrading will bring 147% ROI in 12 months (Forrester
• Competition will tell you “Migration will be completed in x
months and will be painless”
– Let's discuss some behind scenes experiences
• Again.. Please engage your IBM Team
©2012 IBM Corporation 18
- 19. Legal Disclaimer
© IBM Corporation 2012. All Rights Reserved.
The information contained in this publication is provided for informational purposes only. While efforts were made to verify
the completeness and accuracy of the information contained in this publication, it is provided AS IS without warranty of any
kind, express or implied. In addition, this information is based on IBM’s current product plans and strategy, which are subject
to change by IBM without notice. IBM shall not be responsible for any damages arising out of the use of, or otherwise related
to, this publication or any other materials. Nothing contained in this publication is intended to, nor shall have the effect of,
creating any warranties or representations from IBM or its suppliers or licensors, or altering the terms and conditions of the
applicable license agreement governing the use of IBM software.
References in this presentation to IBM products, programs, or services do not imply that they will be available in all countries
in which IBM operates. Product release dates and/or capabilities referenced in this presentation may change at any time at
IBM’s sole discretion based on market opportunities or other factors, and are not intended to be a commitment to future
product or feature availability in any way. Nothing contained in these materials is intended to, nor shall have the effect of,
stating or implying that any activities undertaken by you will result in any specific sales, revenue growth or other results.
Performance is based on measurements and projections using standard IBM benchmarks in a controlled environment. The
actual throughput or performance that any user will experience will vary depending upon many factors, including
considerations such as the amount of multiprogramming in the user's job stream, the I/O configuration, the storage
configuration, and the workload processed. Therefore, no assurance can be given that an individual user will achieve results
similar to those stated here.
©2012 IBM Corporation 20