Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
• Originally released in 2009 by Swedish
programmer Markus “Notch” Persson.
• Open World/Sandbox (Game?)
• By April 2011, sales topped $33 million.
• 60 million copies across all platforms.
• Best-selling PC game of all time.
• Acquired by Microsoft in November of 2014 for
• Spurred a generation of content creators via
YouTube and Twitch!
• Minecraft videos account for 47 billion views on
• 99.4% are fan-made! (tutorials, “let’s play,”
• PewDiePie is earning roughly $4 million annually.
This is more than a game.
It’s a cultural phenomenon!
Eric Walker - World of Humanities
Computer Programming Sara Toothman
• Modiﬁed PC-based version available to schools.
• $41 for server software. $14 per license (25 or
• No recurring subscription.
• Licenses are for concurrent users.
• Easy server setup. Runs locally.
• No account management/authentication required.