• Iceland is about 103.000 km².
• It’s the second largest island in Europe.
• 318.000 people live in Iceland.
• The capital is Reykjavík.
• The Independence Day of Iceland is on the 17th of
• In Iceland we talk Icelandic and it’s a very well
• Most of the Icelandic people are members of the
National church of Iceland, a Lutheran church.
• Hallgrímskirkja is the biggest church in Iceland.
• It’s 73 meters and is located in Reykjavík.
• There are many volcanoes in Iceland and 10% of
Iceland is covered with glaciers.
• Icelandic nature is very beautiful and complex.
• We have the Blue Lagoon which is a very popular
place for tourists.
• In the Blue Lagoon you can buy many products that
can help your skin.
• Gullfoss and Geysir are also very popular places.
• In the summer time the weather is very good and it’s
bright outside the whole day.
• In the winter it snows and it’s quite dark outside.
• One of the most famous people from Iceland is Björk.
• The band Sigur Rós is also very famous.