The Korean War
1. Sts get together in pairs with someone who has to answer the
the same set of questions. (1-2-3-, 4-5-6 or 7-8-9). They watch the
video and answer the questions.
2. We watch the video together and answer some questions with the
Sts get together in their “Grupos Base” and they share their answers.
They check whether the other’s answers are correct and complete.
3. Written test: mock questions.
4. Mural presentation. En esta instancia trabajamos, en clase, cuestiones
de la forma e importancia del trabajo grupal. Analizamos en clase los
elementos que debía incluir el mural así como la rúbrica de evaluación
(incluída en el apéndice a continuación.)También hablamos de la
posibilidad de asignar roles en el trabajo del mural xq no había anticipado
roles especiales previamente y también de la importancia de pensar de
antemano los tiempos que debían cumplir.
CLASS #5 & 6
5. Mural presentation. For each presentation I completed a rubric as
sts presented their work which in the end provided the mark they had
in the mural.
6. Feedback on the tests.
7. Group assessment form & class discussion on the work done on the
Korean War, the reasons behind the choices made, what I observed,
their personal experiences.
Make a mural that has the following info:
● The key antecedents of the crisis.
● The names of the main characters involved and
● The key events in the development of the crisis.
● The role of the UN.
● 3 sources on the crisis: Each member of the group
should be in charge of analysing ONE source.
When marking the mural I will consider the following:
1. That the information is clear and accurate. (1)
2. That you manage to include only relevant
information and NOT long chunks of info. (2)
3. That the mural is visually self explanatory. (2)
4. That there are no significant language mistakes.
5. That the sources chosen are varied and properly
6. That the analysis of the role of the UN is complete.
Total mark: 10 points.
Good luck! :)