+didn’t + V
I didn’t walk to school yesterday.
Tom played football yesterday.
Did they clean their teeth yesterday?
+ V ed/d Verbs
Did + +V?
PAST SIMPLE We use the past simple to talk
yesterday, last week, two days
TENSE about actions finished in the
ago, in 2005,
when I was younger past.
+ v (II column)
Did + + V (I column?)
I II I II
He drove his car yesterday. Did you make a snowman yesterday?
We didn’t swim in the pool yesterday.
+didn’t + V (I column)
1. We ___________ (HAVE) a lot of fun at your birthday party yesterday.
A) DIDN’T HAVE
2. My brother and I ___________ (FINISH) our homework a few minutes ago.
C) DIDN’T FINISH
3. He ___________ (NOT LISTEN) to music after school yesterday.
A) NOT LISTENED
B) DIDN’T LISTENED
C) DIDN’T LISTEN
4. ___________ they ___________ (VISIT) their grandparents last summer?
A) DID / VISITED
B) DID / VISIT
C) VISIT / VISITED
5. Where ___________ your father ___________ (WORK) in 1985?
A) DID / WORKED
B) WORK / DID
C) DID / WORK
6. They ___________ (SEE) lots of animals in the zoo yesterday.
A) DIDN’T SEE