Getting started with
Getting and installing the code
● visit Admin, then tracking info
● Easy to implement with tools like WordPress
● Relatively easy with PHP, etc.
● Can be more difficult with static HTML
● Visitors: geography, language,frequency,
● Traffic Sources: referrers and keywords.
● Content: Determine popular resources on
● Goals: downloads, registrations and
Dashboard and customization
● Adjust the time range
● Compare two metrics
● Traffic: total, sources, and top keywords.
● Goal tracking: sales, subscriptions,
● Visitor behavior: page views, bounce rate,
new vs. returning, and viewing times.
Determining business outcomes and
● Landing pages
● Feed subscriptions
● Call back requests
● Blog comments
Tracking very specific goals
URL tagging tool
Reports and Alerts
● Changes in traffic (both positive and
● Changes in goal conversion rates.
● High bounce rate.
Other engines for Analytics than GA
Google History https://history.google.com