Republic of the Philippines
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Sample Brief LP
1. Identify the Planets in the Solar System.
2. Enumerate the planets according to their distance.
3. Show care of our planet earth.
II. A.Identifying the Planets of the Solar System
The pupils will identify the pictures of other members of the solar system that the teacher will show and tell something
about the picture.
Let the pupils view a song about the planets and afterwards let them follow the song.
Ask the pupils: If you were given a chance to go to outer space, where will it be? Why?
C. Lesson Proper
A. Pre-viewing question:
The teacher will give a pre-viewing question before they will view the planets in the solar system.
1. Identify the planets in the solar system.
2. Enumerate the planets in the solar system accordingto their distance.
3. What planet do you like most?
4. How can you show care on our planet earth?
B. Viewing Proper
Let the teacher ask the standards in viewing like:
1. Sit properly.
2. Listen and watch carefully on the video.
3. Take note of the following important words.
The pupil will view the planets in the solar system.
C. Post-Viewing Question
The pupils will answer the pre-viewing question.
1. Identify the planets of the solar system.
2. Enumerate the planets in the solar system according to their distance.
2. What planet do you like most?
3. How can you show care on our planet earth?
The teacher will discuss each of the planet in the solar system.
The teacher will share an acrostic so that the pupils will easily memorize the nine planets in the solar system.
M- Mary’s (Mercury)
V- Violet ( Venus)
1. What is a solar system?
2. What are different planets in the solar system?
3. Enumerate the planets in the solar system according to their distance.
3. Give ways on how to protect our solar system.
The pupil will get a picture of a planet and identify what planet is that.
Example: The pupil pick out this picture, the pupil will identify this picture.
The pupils will answer the crossword puzzle
Research an additional information all about solar system using the internet and share to the class. Outputs shall be hand
written on an intermediate pad paper. You may use this following references:
SAMPLE DEMONSTRATION LESSON IN MATHEMATICS III
I. Learning Objectives
Cognitive: Solve 2-step word problems involving division and any one of the
fundamental operations including money
Psychomotor: Write the number sentences
Affective: Help parents in earning daily living. Cooperate in group activities
II. Learning Content
Skills: Solving 2-step word problems involving division and any one of the
fundamental operations including money
Writing number sentences
Reference: BEC PELC I – E 3.1
Materials: textbooks, problem chart, activity sheet
Value: Helpfulness, industriousness
III. Learning Experiences
A. Preparatory Activities
1. Drill – Basic Division Facts
81 ÷ 9, 64 ÷ 8 56 ÷ 7 42 ÷ 6 35 ÷ 5
2. Review – Steps in solving problems
In a store for school supplies, 480 sheets of bond paper were placed equally in 20
envelopes. How many sheets of paper were placed in each envelope?
What are the steps in solving one-step word problems?
a. What is asked in the problem? Number of sheets of paper placed in each
b. What are given? 480 sheets of bond paper, 20 envelopes
a. What is the operation to be used in solving the problem? Division
b. Write the number sentence. 480 ÷ 20 = N
Write the answer. N = 24
■ Look back
Is my answer reasonable? correct?
Mr. Santos gathered 384 eggs from his poultry farm. He kept 24 eggs for home use
and sold the rest equally to 3 vendors. How many eggs were sold to each vendor?
B. Developmental Activities
a. Problem analysis
Have the class read the problem.
What is asked in the problem? number of eggs sold to the vendor.
What are given? (384, 24, 3)
What is the hidden question? (number of eggs left after Mr. Santos kept 24 for home use)
What operation shall we use to answer the hidden question? (subtraction)
Write the number sentence for the hidden question.( 384 – 24 = N)
What operations shall we use to answer the given question?
( subtraction and division)
Write the number sentence for the given question. (384 – 24) ÷ 3 = N)
Give the answer. ( N = 12)
Is the answer reasonable?
b. Acting out a problem.
1. Present another problem to the pupils.
2. Let them act out the problem (role playing)
Cora and Rene helped their parents earn money by selling newspapers
and magazines. Cora earned 640.00 while Rene earned 940.00. They
divided their earnings equally between their father and mother. How much did
each of them get?
How did Cora and Rene help their parents earn money?
What kind of children are they?
Are they industrious? Helpful?
Who among you help your parents?
3. Call on 6 pupils. Let them form a line. Assign each one of them to answer a
question about the problem.
Pupil 1 – What is asked?
2 – What are given
3 – What is the number sentence for the hidden question?
4 – Write the number sentence for the hidden question
. 5 – Write the number sentence for the given questions.
6 – Solve the problem.
2. Group Activity
a. Divide the class into learning barkadas
b. Distribute activity cards to different groups.
c. Let the group match the answers to the questions.
Nena prepared 284 sandwiches. Rita prepared 368 sandwiches. They
distributed the sandwiches equally among the 4 classes. How many did each class receive?
1. What are given? a. 284 + 368 = N
2. What is asked? b. addition
3. What is the hidden question? c. total number of sandwiches
4. What operation to be used to find the hidden question? d. 284, 368, 4
e. number of sandwiches that
5. What is the number sentence of each class received
the hidden question ? f. (284 + 368) ÷ 4 = N
6. What is the number sentence of g. addition and division
the given question?
7. What operations to be used to find the answer? h. 163
8. What is the answer?
What are the steps in solving 2-step word problems?
What is asked in the problem?
What are given?
What is the hidden question?
What is the operation to be used to find the answer to the hidden question? given
Write the number sentences: hidden question, given question.
Write the answer.
Is my answer reasonable?
Group Work – Work in Triads
1. Distribute activity cards to the pupils.
2. Have them answer the questions on the sheets.
3. Let them post their answers on the board.
1. What is asked?
2. What are given?
3. What is the hidden question?
4. Write the number sentence.
Hidden question __________________
Given question __________________
5. Write the answers.
Sample Lesson Exemplar in English VI
Using Special Nouns
1. Use nouns that are plural in form but singular in meaning.
2. Write correctly words/nouns that are plural in form but singular in meaning.
3. Admire other people who have special talents and share ideas on how to be like them.
II. 1. Subject Matter:
Using Special Nouns
BEC S. 5.1 p.23
Growing in English VI, LTX pp.87-92
English for All Times, LTX pp. 110-114
Workbook in Language and Reading, pages 39-40
charts, a picture of a pupil, word cards, flags of USA, the Netherlands, Bahamas
HKS- flags and names of some countries
Values- admiring other people with special talent/skills and sharing how to be like them.
A. 1. Checking of Assignment
Pronounce the following nouns. Be careful of the sts consonant cluster at the end of each
nests pests priests lists
beasts wrists coasts mists
contests fists guests ghosts
roasts boast twists
Read the following sentences:
1. My brother suggests that father knows best.
2. We saw the birds in their nests.
3. The hunter molests the beasts in the forests.
4. He wins contests with his fists.
5. Mists rise like ghosts along the coasts.
What is common among the above words?
What is the sound of the sts consonant cluster at the end of each word?
a. What part of speech are the above words?
What is the form of each? How do you know?
b. Choose the correct form of the verb
1. Mrs. De Velez (is, are) our Science teacher.
2. She ( give, gives) a test weekly.
3. We all ( review, reviews) our lessons every Thursday.
4. Rica (is, are) the highest in the test.
5. Men and animals (depend, depends) on plants for food.
B. 1. Motivation:
How many among you like and enjoy Mathematics? Why ?Why not?
Who among you believe that Mathematics is easy? Or difficult?
Why is this subject necessary in our day-to-day activities?
Show the picture of a boy talking in front of a class.
Say: This is Francis Rodriguez of Marbel Elementary School. Listen carefully as one of your
classmates reads or gives his talk. Be sure to point out the main idea of the talk
3. Comprehension Check/ Discussion:
a. What is the main idea of the talk?
(How Francis develops wonderful and speedy computational skills)
So, how does Francis develop his skills in computation?
What does Francis do most of the time?
Who help/s him a lot?
Aside from solving the exercises on the books, what other extra exercises does he do?
What trait do you think Francis possesses why he wins in the contest?
Is he studious, diligent and talented? Why do you say so?
b. Read the following sentences from the talk of Francis.
1. Francis wins first place in the Mathematics National Quiz Bee.
2. The news makes us glad.
3. Father is an aeronautics engineer.
4. Mother is a Mathematics teacher.
a. What are the underlined words in the sentences?
What part of speech are those words?
What do you notice at the end of those words?
What do you think are the forms of each word?
Is each word singular or plural?
Say: These are called Special Nouns.
Why do you think are they called as special nouns?
How are they written?
What is their real form?
Can we remove s at the end of each of them?
What will happen if we remove the s from them?
b. Presenting another groups of sentences.
1. The Philippines is our beautiful country.
2. Athletics keeps us fit and healthy.
3. Measles is a contiguous disease.
4. Politics is the art of government
5. Acrobatics refers to the skills of a gymnast, rope dancers or a tumbler.
6. Aeronautics is the science of flight.
- What are the special nouns in each sentence?
- What verb is being used?
- What is the form of is, keeps and refers?
c. Let the pupils read the different special nouns on the chart.
(see charted special nouns)
What is special noun?
*Special nouns are nouns that are plural in form but singular in meaning.
What form of verb is used for a special noun?
*It uses singular form of the verb or the –s form of the verb.
* A verb with s is singular.
Example: refers keeps eats runs
* Examples of Special Nouns
acrobatics mumps Philippines
aeronautics tonsillitis United States
mathematics physics politics
athletics measles the Netherlands
ethics news Bahamas
civics billiards Hundred Islands
Let the pupils read the generalization. Call one pupil at a time.
a. In each sentence, find a noun which is plural in form but singular in meaning. Do it
orally. (see Exercise D, English for All Times, LTX p. 114.)
b. Choose the correct verb form in each sentence. Write the answer on your
(see Exercise 4, English for All Times LTX p. 110)
c. Answer the exercises on the chart.
(see Activity 2 Growing in English LTX, pp.90-91)
d. Group Activity
Find and encircle 5 nouns in the Search Game that follows.
(To be photocopied) see LTX p.111
e. Individual Activity
Who can use some of these special nouns in sentences? (do it orally)
1. How can we like other people who have special skills or talent?
How can you improve your skills not only in Mathematics but also in other subject?
How important is having a study habit?
Copy or write on your paper the special nouns in each sentence and then select the correct verb.
1. Mumps ( has, have) caused many absences from our school.
2. Measles ( is, are) child’s disease.
3. Aeronautics (interests, interest) my brother a lot.
4. The United States (is, are) one of the richest countries in the world.
5. Billiards (was, were) played by many Filipinos.
a. In your notebook, use the special nouns in a sentence with the correct form of the verb.( five
b. Memorize the special nouns that we have discussed.
1.This is a SAMPLE only, pls. do CHECK the PROPER OUTLINING of the sample.
2. The similarities &differenece of the semi and detailed LP is on the:
A. The content in the leson proper, the detailed LP has TEACHER’S and STUDENTS ACTIVITY(Two
Columns), while the semi has only the teachers activity.
B. The activities, questions and instructions are all in ACTIVE voice on the ff. parts: Lesson
Proper, Motivation, Presentation, Application, Generalization, Evaluation.
3. Note that under GENERALIZATION questions are listed in the passive voice if BRIEF LP and ACTIVE
VOICE if detailed and semi-detailed LP.
4. NOT all the parts is applicable to your LP, it may vary in the nature of the subject matter, content,
strategies (activities). The sample above are not YET UBD LP’s.
5. As much as possible PASS your LP starting Tuesday (Sept. 2) until Sept. 7. The LP is considered a
project in the MIDTERMS.
6. Lastly, pls. widen your horizon, feel free to surf the net. I also sent DETAILED LP from slide share to
mr.Talim and Ms.Vallota and asked them to e-mail you.