11. what are you trying to
1. vision (business purpose)
what’s the plan?
customer experience strategy
what tools keep customer
customer journey map
KPIs and metrics
how do we
execute the plan? 4. strategy driven
prototyping in code
evidence driven decisions
agile, iterative methodology
12. Business Model
Yes! you need to understand it
No! you don’t need an MBA
(unless you want one)
Make sure you understand and care about
where the money comes in and goes out
(both costs or customers lost).
21. How I work now...
- get a multidisciplinary team quickly.
- sketch to HTML, stay out of photoshop
- real content, prototype/testing content
- multiple prototypes (test lots of ideas, don’t commit)
- quickly test both qualitative and ‘active’ use
- let stakeholders ‘touch’ your ideas
- iterate, the more quickly to learn more.
- only document what you really need to.
37. How to Break the Mould?
prototyping new strategies into existence
38. customer journey map
informed by one on one interviews
the massive impact that a connection with someone at
Surrey (staff or current student) can have on this decision
the stress (and
prospectus as souvenir in
opportunity for us) of
subject first, then university early stage of journey the ‘intellectual’ and very the highly emotional ‘cultural
the personal statement
online process of making the fit’ process of choosing your
first shortlist ‘dream university’