Percona XtraDB Cluster is a high availability and high scalability solution for MySQL clustering. Percona XtraDB Cluster integrates Percona Server with the Galera synchronous replication library in a single product package which enables you to create a cost-effective MySQL cluster.
This tutorial will cover the following topics:
- Migration from standard MySQL Master-Slave Architecture to PXC
- Configuration differences between standard MySQLl and Xtradb Cluster
- How to add a node and what does SST, IST mean ? How to use them ?
- How to backup the cluster
- How to monitor the cluster
- 2 nodes servers- Why this isn't ideal but reasons and steps to setting it up anyway.
- Galera Arbitrator: Defining what it is.
- How to maintain the cluster
- Setting up load balancing for Xtradb cluster
- How to handle the cluster in the cloud
- Tips and tricks
- ... and if available cover PXC 5.6 with Galera 3 !!