Logging onto Blackboard through Remote Desktop
When logging onto Blackboard from home please follow the following steps:
1. On your chosen internet browser, type in the college website address and browse to
staff/student on the left hand side of the page.
2. From there you will be given a list of possible areas for you to access, as you can
see from the screenshot. The next step will be to click on the Remote Desktop link
3. Once you have clicked the Remote Desktop link on the webpage you will be
presented with a new screen (see below). You will see that initially the connect
button is unavailable. This is due to the fact you must run what’s known as ‘Terminal
Services ActiveX Client’ first. To run this simply right click on the bar at the top of the
page and run the add on.
4. Once you have run the ActiveX add on you will see that the connect button will then
become available for you. (See below).
5. Once you have clicked on the connect button and established a connection through
to the college network you will immediately be familiar with the screen that
accompanies you if you are a user of the College network (see below).
6. Simply click OK on this screen and it will take you to your login page. At the login
page type your college username into the username field. (Don’t forget it’s the first
four letters of your last name and the first letter of your first name followed by
your date of birth). You must also ensure that the ‘Log on to’ drop down box is set
7. When you have logged in and your desktop appears you will see an icon on the
desktop named Blackboard. Simply double click on this icon to load up your
8. Once you have double clicked the Blackboard icon, your Blackboard homepage will
then appear. To view the courses you are enrolled on and to access all the relevant
information for your courses you must navigate to the right hand side of the screen.
You will see your courses under the title: ‘Courses in which you are enrolled’
This is how you access your blackboard course material through Remote Desktop