the Chinese is one of the difficult languages among any other languages in the country. the slides in here reveals some of the most common difficulties faced by the translators while translating Chinese language.
List of 9 common
translation of Chinese
• Chinese is believed to be one of the
difficult languages to be learned as a
• Due to globalization, there are many
concerns wanted to spread their firm
in one of the top countries, china.
• Some people hesitate due to the
Translation of Chinese language
• To break the obstacle, folks prefer for
professional translators for the translation of
• But even the experienced translator find
difficulty in translation of Chinese language.
• Some of the difficult factor are mentioned in
the below slides.
#1: types of Chinese dialect
• The Chinese language is not possessed with single
dialect as of English , they are possessed with multiple
dialects which vary depending on the provinces
• So the translator need to understand the region where
they are working for and then should continue the
• As all know, Chinese language is composed of
four tones and therefore, they are called as tonal
• The translator should understand the tones and
should do transcription as well
• The strokes are major problem with the Chinese
language which makes the language look more
• The strokes are reduced in modern Chinese
version, but the traditional Chinese is preferred in
#4: characters in Chinese
• There are more than 50,000 characters in
Chinese language which has complicated
strokes making them difficult even for native
people. but there are only 20,000 words are in
#5: no grammar
• The Chinese language doesn’t posses
grammar, tenses, etc.. This may be the
preference factor. But to the contrary they
completely depend on tones. The tones
decide the meaning of the sentences.
#6: words vary
• The words used in Chinese language vary
based on the dialects or even in the region
following same dialects. That is due to cultural
gap and difference. This should be managed
well by the translators.
• The tones should be structured by the writings
of the language. So the transcription is must
along with the translation.
#8 no alphabets
• The Chinese language has no alphabets, every
word is characterized, that they frame a set of
characters to form a sentence
#9: complicated reference
• The Chinese has complication while searching
for the meaning in dictionary. This has made
the language even more worse for translation
• These are some of the major difficulties the
translators have to overcome while doing
Chinese translation services.
• Despite all these difficulties , Chinese
language is an art which will be interesting to
learn and also to write.
• Waterstone Translations is one of the translation
company with professional translators for the
purpose of translation of Chinese language and
many other languages.
• They provide chinese translation services,
document translation services, legal translation
services, website translation services, etc…to
know more visit