TABLE OF CONTENTS
2D Facial Recognition.
3D Facial Recognition.
Hardware & Software
Applications of Face
• In 1960’s Scientists began work on using
the computer to recognize human faces
• Since then, face recognition software has
come a long way.
• Facial recognition software is based on
the ability to recognition a face and then
measure various features of the face.
• Every face has numerous, distinguishable
landmarks, the different peaks and
HOW FACIAL RECOGNITION WORKS?
The Software measures
• Distance between the eyes
• Width of the nose.
• Depth of the eye sockets.
• The shape of the cheek bones.
• The length of jaw line.
• These create a numerical code
called face print, representing
the face in the database.
3D FACIAL RECOGNITION
• Emerging trend in facial recognition software
using a 3D model which provide more accuracy.
• It can even be used in darkness and has the
ability to recognize a subject at different view
• Using 3D software ,the system goes through a
series of steps to verify the identity of an
•Acquiring an image can be
accomplished by digitally
•Once it detects a face,
the system determines the
head’s position, size and
The system measures the
curves of the face on a sub-
millimeter scale and creates
The system translates the unique
If the image is 3D and the
database contains 3D images,
then matching will take place
without any changes being
made to the image.
In verification, an image is
matched to only one image in
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE
• Intel Pentium processor or any other
compatible processor,1 GHz or greater
• Minimum 128 MB of RAM capacity or
• Minimum of 32 MB Graphic Card RAM
capacities or more
• Recommended hard disk space of 1GB or
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE
• Windows 2000/XP or above, Linux. Mac OS X,
• Python 2.5
• PyQt-Py 2.5
• Repeat offenders are identified using
• It has been used by Law Enforcement
Agencies to capture random faces in
• It is used to verify that the person
received the visa is same person
attempting to gain entry.
• Easy way to access personal accounts
without remembering passwords.
• Variant Pose may occur because
people always don’t orient to camera
• Different lighting and quality of
camera may also effect recognition
• Invasion of privacy
• Too easy to misuse for wrong
APPLICATIONS OF FACE
• Face ID
• HCI - Human
The computer based face
recognition industry has made
much useful advancement in past
decade however, the need for
higher accuracy systems remains.
Through the determination and
commitment the progress will
continue, raising the bar for face