““Because we grew up surrounded by big dramatic story arcs in books and movies, we think our lives are supposed to be filled with huge ups and downs! So people pretend there is drama where there is none.”
career with ultra-stability and certainty has crashed. Now replaced with the “YoYo – Your’reOn Your Own” model.become a free agent, PICC (professional independent consultant/contractor) or entrepreneur, or if employed become the intrapreneur, but stay self-directed in your career.You may be working an extra 20 years since you will be healthier and live longer.
Mars & Venus
Mars & Venus
“DO YOU WANT TO SELL SUGAR
WATER FOR THE REST OF YOUR
LIFE, OR DO YOU WANT TO COME
WITH ME AND CHANGE THE
WHAT STEVE JOBS SAID TO PEPSI EXECUTIVE JOHN SCULLEY TO LURE HIM TO APPLE.
Does it matter who says
what to whom?
Does it matter to YOU?
Before we get started, let’s get one thing
straight – YOU ARE BORN WITH IT.
Passion, thirst, risk-taking, innovation,
intelligence, and so many other variables
that make up a successful entrepreneur,
cannot be taught.
They are either in your genes or not..
Test Your Awareness: Do The Test
• Yo-Yo model vs. “40 year Womb to Tomb”
• Know your options. (What work feeds your soul).
• Establish “Brand You, Inc.”
• Find work you really enjoy. (You’ll be bored otherwise)
• Beware of perfectionism! Don’t fear failure, fear not trying.
• Think outside the box! “Recognize that the Innovation Age is quickly
building on and replacing the Information Age.” Daniel Pink
• Connect with a community of others you value and relate to. If you don’t
have that group now, find it or cultivate it – beginning now!