Be the first to like this
Read the full article here - https://medium.com/leavedates/9-not-too-wacky-ways-to-make-your-staff-happy-81264db37423
Work is busy, life outside work is busy, and we get busier every year. People are working longer hours, commuting further, looking after families or pets and pursuing more hobbies and interests than ever before.
Time is precious, and we want to do it all.
Days off from work gives us some time back, but few of us can afford to take unpaid leave so we rely on paid time off, also referred to as annual leave or staff holiday.
Receiving an extra day off work has far more value to the average employee than the monetary value of that paid day.
Time is priceless.
So as an employer, maybe you should consider offering your employees a day or more of additional leave, over the legal minimum.
You could also consider one of these interesting alternatives...
1. Give an extra paid day off for a birthday
2. Give extra paid leave for employees with caring responsibilities
3. Option to purchase extra leave (or sell it)
4. Give an extra day off for hitting performance goals
5. Extra leave to reward loyalty
6. Give staff unpaid leave during the school holidays
7. Give generous paid parental leave
8. Wedding Leave
9. The 4-day week
Would you consider implementing one or more of these benefits in your company? Maybe you have worked in a company which offers one of these, or something similar? We'd love to hear your thoughts on which benefits you have experienced and whether you appreciated them. Maybe you have already implemented them and are seeing the benefits?
Please add your responses below. ☺️