1. Using E-portfolios to Showcase
Your Work, Experience, and Skills
Lisa Chow | Sandra Sajonas
February 12, 2013
NY Librarians Meetup Group
~ It's about people.
2. TODAY'S AGENDA
Learn how to use e-portfolios to showcase your work, experience and skills.
In this presentation, we will cover:
• The basics of e-portfolios
o What are they
o How they compare to traditional resumes and CVs
• Online tools to create and host e-portfolios
• How to effectively promote your e-portfolio
• Using web analytics to gauge the impact of your e-portfolio
3. CRITICAL QUESTIONS
• How is a traditional resume/CV/portfolio similar and
different compared to an e-portfolio?
• How can I create, use and promote my e-portfolio to
showcase my work, experience and skills?
• How do I gauge the impact of my e-portfolio using web
7. How do they compare to traditional
resumes and CVs?
• work experience • work experience
• skills • skills
• education • education
• research • research
• publications • publications
• presentations • presentations
• page limit • interactive
• tailored for print medium • links
• text-based • video, audio, photos
• slideshows and
9. How do I get started on
creating an e-portfolio?
10. Getting Started: Tips & Advice
• Gather and compile your information,
resume, presentations, course projects,
papers, articles, etc.
• Organize into categories and headings.
• Write or draw out how you want your e-
18. Google Sites
• No need to sign up for
another account if you
already have a gmail or
• Gadgets and widgets to
enhance your e-portfolio
• Can revert to previously
• Google is constantly