HOW TO USE THE LIBRARY
• The first thing you do is go to the Ingram Library home page at
• Click the link that says “Catalog.”
• Search for your book. Click the title (in blue) that is similar to what you are
• If you know the name of your book type it in the search bar and select
search when done.
• Check to make sure the book is available.
• If available, write down your call number.
FINDING THE BOOK IN THE LIBRARY
• The call number should have what floor and section the book is in.
• Read the first line in alphabetical order.
• Find the book shelf with that specific letter(s).
• Read the second line as a whole number.
• The third line is a combination of a letter and numbers.
• The last line is the publication date, read in chronological order.
• Afterwards, you should be able to find the book you are looking for.
CHECKING OUT THE BOOK
• Once you have your book you can take it to the first floor to a librarian at a
• You give them the book you want to check out.
• They may ask for your student id, so they know who’s receiving the book and
when it’s due.
• Afterwards you are done with the process of checking out a book.
• Q: Was it hard to find the book you were looking for in the catalog?
• A: No, the book I was looking for came right on the screen once I hit search.
• Q: What did you have to do to find the book in the catalog?
• A: I didn’t quit know how to use the catalog, but I went on the website and it
was pretty much self explanatory.
• Q: Was it hard finding the book in the library?
• A: It was challenging a little, but once I found the letters in the first line on the
shelf, the book was right there after looking at the whole call number.
• Q: Do you think you’ll ever check out a book again?
• A: Yes, this was a very neat and easy process once you get the hang of it.