Successfully reported this slideshow.
By NL Motloung
What is PowerPoint Presentation
• When you create a presentation using PowerPoint, the presentation is
made up of a series of slides.
• You can format all the slides in a presentation using the powerful Slide
• You can keep your entire presentation in a single file- all your slides,
speaker's notes, and audience handouts.
• You can import what you have created in other Microsoft products, such as
Word and Excel into any of your slides.
How to make perfect
Plan thoroughly, priorities your
points from the most significant to
Choosing a template
for the PowerPoint
Be creative, create your own design
Do not stick to standard templates they
Try different combinations
Play with colours
Pick clear fonts
DO NOT BE TOO COMPLICATED
What are you
• Find the significance in what you
• If you can not find meaning do not
• Give 3-4 reasons supporting the points
mentioned in the slides
• Make everything as simple as possible but
• Keep the audience alive
How to keep your audience alive
• Be spontaneous
• Keep your points short not paragraphs
• Check whether your audience is still following
• Pause to ask question to enhance participation
• Have some jokes in between to keep your
presentation interesting and instill focus
Do not be monotonous
Go the extra mile and surprise your audience
When can we use PowerPoint presentation
Teachers can use PowerPoint presentation to teach
in class instead of using old chalk and talk methods
• People who are in business can use PowerPoint presentations to brief
colleagues about their business proposals.
• This is a fantastic tool to use to summaries and categories huge
Alternative use of PowerPoint Presentation
Delwiche, A. & Ananthanarayanan, V. (2004). Pedagogical Value of PowerPoint – Recommendations. EDUCAUSE
Jgavanides. (2007, September 28). Tablet PC Tip #1 - Annotating PowerPoint [video file].
Johnson, A.E. (2008). Digital Ink: In-Class Annotation of PowerPoint Lectures. Journal of Chemical Education,