Engineers in marketing
Living up to our values
All the way
Who am I?
Was a shy nerdy girl.
Studied computer science.
Designed UIs, lead IT projects.
Got two kids. <3
Become an agile coach.
Now a marketer!
Always the idealist.
What I’ll talk about?
Who we are.
What we do.
How we market it.
We create digital services
for people, to love.
We help our customers to
succeed in the digital world.
• Founded in 2000
• 200+ clients, 1000+ projects
• 240+ employees from 20 countries
• Europe’s best workplace 2012&2013
• 8th year in a row profitable growth
• YOY growth 30%
“The era of separating traditional industries and
technology industries is over—and those who fail to
adapt right now will soon find themselves obsolete.”
Now every company is a
From functional silos
to effective teams?
From internal politics
to getting things done?
From legacy technology
to creating new business?
From planning and executing
to testing and iterating ideas?
How might we transform..
A holistic, evidence-driven
methodology for lean ideation,
design, build and operation of
services in a complex environment. LEAN
Customer development is the primary driver in
new service creation and the the product
development is secondary.
It is not enough to be in love with your solution.
You have to be thrilled about the customers and
Lean Service Creation
SERVICE VISION SPRINT
Business / Technology
Design / End-Users
FIND A PROBLEM WORTH SOLVING FINDING PRODUCT MARKET FIT SCALING & TWEAKING
Days to Weeks Weeks to Months Months to Years
Action changes thinking.
Learn > Do > Transform
How to get
to work more like startups?
The path to change is having
the right attitude, knowing the
tools and methods, and having
an organization that empowers
1. Put all your experts in the same room.
2. Know your customer and you’ll find the problem worth solving.
3. Design the emotions the user experience evokes.
4. Validate your business assumptions. One by one.
5. The customer is product development’s crowning achievement.
6. Get a great product manager.
7. Lightning-fast feedback guarantees quality.
8. Don’t build everything yourself.
9. Kill your bad ideas as early as possible.
10. The service launch is the starting point for development, not the
Marketing is actions.
We do not see marketing as roles or processes.
Some do it more. Some do it less.
Cases = Stories with suspension, some drama and finally results
Services = What we do and how we do it
20% hunter = we look for interesting new clients and
cases with a right culture fit
80% farmer = we care for our clients business and help
Not just digital,
events and talk!
Developers make hundreds of interaction design
micro decisions every week.
Engineers do hundreds of marketing micro actions
every month as they interact with clients.
Sales guys, well…
Keep the promises.
Get the client to market for you!