CANON LEGRIA HV30 MINI DV
We used this for our test shoot and
both main shoots.
We had used this camera before so
we were confident in how to use it well.
• Shoots in HD which gave us high
• Easy to use so everyone in the group
was able to work the camera at
• Lightweight and portable
• Enabled us to watch footage on our
shoots to see if shots needed more
• The lens doesn’t have a very wide
• The battery could only be charged
while in the camera, which wasted
some time that could have been
The camera came with a tripod which...
• Kept the shots steady
• Was easy to use
• Was lightweight and easily portable
• At times it was stiff which made it hard to get good pan shots, meaning that
we had to take some shots hand-held, making them slightly shaky
THE CAMERA ALSO CAME WITH A
• Picked up background noise,
particularly outside where there
were pedestrians and traffic
• Good sound quality
• Fitted with the camera
• Easy to use
ARRI LIGHTING KIT
This was used to light our indoor scene.
We were given a lighting tutorial before shooting with helped our group immensely as no one
had previous experience using this equipment.
While using the lighting kit we learned that the effectiveness of the lighting can greatly effect
the quality of a shot, and that keeping the lighting style continuous is important for the flow of a
• Allowed us to control the lighting of
• Helped with continuity in the look of
• Could be packed up and easily
• The metal got very hot and would be
dangerous if touched or moved
• The lights getting hot also heated up
the small room a considerable