*The very first time that Taiwan appear in European record was in 1543,A ship of Portugal on the way to Japan passed by a beautiful island, and asailor praised “Ilha Formosa,” therefore Taiwan also named “Formosa.”
1624AD, VOC(Vereenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie) occupied“Tayouan” and built a castle, named it “Zeelandia,” as VOC’strading transfer station.
raw silk JapanMing Empire silver gold venison china deerskins sugar Zeelandia Holland Batavia spices
* 1661AD，In order to against Qing Dynasty, Koxinga( Zheng Cheng gong, 鄭成功) led his army force Dutch gave up Taiwan.* This is the first time Chinese establishing political power in Taiwan. *
* Koxinga led 25,000 soldiers came to Taiwan, for feed these soldiers, it changed the forest to farm.* Zheng’s Kingdom also bring the Chinese tradition and culture to Taiwan. *
* After Qing Dynasty destroyed the Zheng’s Kingdom, they tried to close Taiwan, but when the famine sweep mainland, thousands of Chinese left their hometown to Taiwan and other places, they became overseas Chinese.* Most of immigrants came from two province near the south china sea, Guangdong(廣 東)and Fujian(福建)。 *
* Because of the Sino-Japanese War of 1894- 1895,Taiwan was ceded to Japan.* Through 50 years, Taiwanese kept against Japanese rule, form force against to petition movement, they tried to fight for their right.
* In the other hand, Japanese colonial government based on getting the resources of Taiwan, started to building modern facilities, made Taiwan became different from traditional China.
* After World War II, Taiwan returned to Republic of China, because of 50 years’ gap, Taiwanese were tried to against “the new Colonist” from motherland, the February 28 Incident caused 28,000 Taiwanese be killed by ROC army. *
* 1949AD,ROC Government lost mainland to Communist Party of China, 1,350,000 soldiers and civil servants came to Taiwan, the last island of Roc.* Because these people came from different province, in order to distinguish the new coming, they be named of ” Mainlanders”.* the Mainlanders and Military dependents bring new culture to this island. *
1990-1995 1996-2002 2003-2009 2010-2012 • Culture • From “Culture • The • Culture and Industries Industries” to development Creative • Based on “Culture and “Culture and Industries Community Creative Creative law of Empowerment Industries” Industries” development • Culture policy Industrializati on ＆ Industry Enculturation *