In Feb 2012, Angry Birds, leading casual game in the world, started its online flagship store on Taobao Mall. Angry Birds already achieved wonderful success in China, its second biggest overseas market, with 100 million downloads so far.
The online store currently offers consumers games and more than 30 special merchandises (i.e. phone case, cushion, T-shirt), price ranging from RMB 9 to RMB 299. Promotion campaigns are there as well.
More articles you can find in "e-Commerce Insider", which is a monthly report dedicated to the Chinese e-Commerce market.
Other focuses in this issue:
- A must glance of latest cnnic report
- Striking size of china online shopping with B2C as locomotive
- Review of key B2C players in 2011
- B2C queen 360Buy's burning ambitions
- Angry birds getting happier on taobao mall
This report is issued by L'Atelier BNP Paribas