Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner Menu
Click here for:
• 3/4 cup butter
• 1 cup sugar
• 3/4 cup milk
• 1 egg
• 1 3/4 cup sifted flour
• 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup blueberries
• 1 tablespoon flour
Cream butter and sugar. Add milk and egg
and beat until smooth. Sift together
flour, baking powder and salt. Add to
creamed mixture. Mix until moistened. Toss
blueberries with flour and fold into batter. Fill
a well-greased muffin pan 2/3 full with the
batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Black Bean and Cheese
Click for the
• Ingredients • Directions
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
• 2 pounds ground chicken Preheat a large skillet over
breast, available in the packaged meats medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons
case extra-virgin olive oil - twice around the
• 2 tablespoons chili powder pan. Add chicken and season with chili
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin powder, cumin, and red onion. Brown the
meat, 5 minutes. Add taco sauce or
• 1/2 red onion, chopped stewed or fire roasted tomatoes. Add
• 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained black beans and corn. Heat the mixture
• 1 cup medium heat taco sauce or 1 (14- through, 2 to 3 minutes then season with
oz) can stewed or fire roasted tomatoes salt, to your taste.
• 1 cup frozen corn kernels Coat a shallow baking dish with
• Salt remaining extra-virgin olive oil, about 1
• 8 (8 inch) spinach flour tortillas, available tablespoon oil. Cut the tortillas in half or
on dairy aisle of market quarters to make them easy to layer with.
Build lasagna in layers of meat and
• 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar or shredded beans, then tortillas, then cheese.
pepper jack Repeat: meat, tortilla, cheese again. Bake
• 2 scallions, finely chopped lasagna 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is
brown and bubbly. Top with the scallions
Click Rachel Ray for a and serve.
3 minute clip of Rachel
Ray’s 30 Minute Meal
with Almond Crust
• Ingredients • For the filling: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream
• Crust: cheese, mascarpone cheese, and sugar in a large bowl
• 1 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted until smooth, occasionally scraping down the sides of
the bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat in the lemon juice
• 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs and vanilla. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until
• 3 tablespoons sugar blended after each addition.
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted • Pour the cheese mixture over the crust in the pan. Place
• Filling: the springform pan in a large roasting pan. Pour enough
• 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature hot water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the
sides of the springform pan. Bake until the center of the
• 2 (8-ounce) containers mascarpone cheese, room cheesecake moves slightly when the pan is gently
temperature shaken, about 1 hour 5 minutes (the cake will become
• 1 1/4 cups sugar firm when it is cold). Transfer the cake to a rack; cool for
• 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice 1 hour. Refrigerate until the cheesecake is cold, at least 8
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract hours and up to 2 days.
• 4 large eggs, room temperature • For the topping: Combine the chocolate-hazelnut spread
and cream in a small bowl. Heat in the microwave until
• Topping: warm, stirring every 20 seconds to blend, about 1
• 1/2 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (recommended: minute.
Nutella) • Cut the cake into wedges. Drizzle the chocolate sauce
• 1/4 cup whipping cream over the wedges and serve.
• For the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
• Tightly wrap the outside of a 9-inch diameter springform Recipe by Giada De Laurentiis
pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides with 3 layers of heavy-
duty foil. Finely grind the almonds, cracker crumbs, and
sugar in a food processor. Add the butter and process
until moist crumbs form. Press the almond mixture onto
the bottom of the prepared pan (not on the sides of the
pan). Bake the crust until it is set and beginning to
brown, about 12 minutes. Cool. Decrease the oven
temperature to 325 degrees F.