• Group voted for Queenies blueprint.• Ideas were adapted from Alex, Kev, and Avas blueprints and fused into Queenies blueprint• As we went along, ideas came in and some ideas had to be cut out. Because the wheel could Instead of two sodas, we not hold much marbles, changed it to use only one we had a cup to hold the soda. marbles and made the wheel hit the cup instead.
1. The ball of the Newtons Cradle is pulled back and it is released to hit the toy car.2. The toy car moves down the and pushes the mento down the funnel which is also an .
3. The mento goes into the bottle of soda causing the soda toexplode.4. The soda explodes and hits the causing it to spin.5. The spins and hits a piece of cardboard causing the cup of marbles to spill. The platform the cup is on is a
6. The spilled marbles fall into a funnel and continue rolling down an into a cup.
• 7. The marbles fall into a cup that is part of a and it causes one cup to go up and the other cup with marbles to go down.
• 8. The cup continues to go down because of the weight of the marbles. The cup that is attached to the bottom of the cup of marbles has a candle in it. It gets dropped into the bucket of water and the candle is put out as the cup is filled with water.
• We decided to make our theme based on the grand challenge of "Providing access to clean water.“• We decided to make the coke the ‘dirty water’ and as it makes the wheel turn it gets purified. The blue marbles that come out of the cup hit by the wheel is the clean water.• The ‘clean water’ then goes to put out a candle and fill another cup with well water.
• Our team strategy was to split into two groups and to come back together every now and then. o One group of two would take care of one problem and another group would move onto the next step. Then the two groups would come back together and inform each other of what happened and of any possible problems.• We accomplished the goal of sticking to what we initially wanted to do with our machine, which is to put a candle out and fill a cup of water.
• Kev is proud of fixing the newton’s cradle and figuring out the pulley with Alex. He is also proud of finishing the project on time.• Alex is proud of drinking the two liter bottle of soda and figuring out how to(finally) get the cup to sink.• Ava is proud of using the hot glue gun and helping build the machine with Queenie.• Queenie is proud of working together with her teammates well and finishing on time.