CBC Presentation on Social Media Marketing 5-24-14
Social Media Marketing vs. Traditional Marketing
Earned Media Paid Media
● Trusted 3rd-party referral
● News feeds
● Instant messages
● EWOM (Electronic Word-of-Mouth)
● Social Networks
Top Five Social Networks
Organizing & Scheduling Tools
1. Unroll.Me - Organizes your Inbox (free)
2. BufferApp.com - Schedules your tweets (free & fee-based)
3. About.Me - Great landing page (free)
4. PieThis.com - Visual showcase for group communication (free)
5. Nimble.com - CRM program for merging social networks (fee-based)
Social Capital Resources (People)
1. The Business Connection - www.YourLinkToLocalBusiness.com.
2. The Better Together Approach - www.budurl.com/BetterApproach.
3. Premier Networking Alliance - www.pnanetwork.com.
4. Christians In Action Network - www.christiansinactionnetwork.org
5. “Feature Friday” Conference Call -
EVERY Friday at 7:45 a.m. EST
1. Headline - No phone number. Use “|” with keywords.
(i.e. Collaborative Evergreen Marketing: Social Media Marketing | Traditional Marketing | Lower
Cost | Better ROI)
2. Summary - Create in Word. Include bullet points. Copy/paste.
● Promotional Product Designs
● T-Shirt Promotion Store
3. Be sure to include 50 keywords for your skill set.
4. If possible, use Google Images or a website location to add a photo to
every job listing associated with your profile.
5. Request recommendations from people you know, like and trust.
Keyword Selection Tools
1. Google Adwords Keyword Planner
Select most popular yet non-competitive keywords.
2. SEM(Search Engine Marketing) Rush
Offline to Online Publicity
1) Online Press Releases (Examiner.com)
2) Fiverr (The Gig Economy)
3) Brainshark (slideshow video creation)
4) HARO.com (Help A Reporter Out)
1) If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's
plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much. - Jim Rohn
2) The secret of getting ahead is getting started. - Mark Twain
3) Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going. - Sam Levenson
4) Quality is not an act, it is a habit. - Aristotle
5) Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they
want to do it. - Dwight D. Eisenhower
6) What you do today can improve all your tomorrows. - Ralph Marston
7) Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God. - Leo Buscaglia