WHAT IS IT???
• PCOD-POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN DISEASE:-ovaries under
brunt of pressure and disturbances of the
body,therefore not functioning at their peak
efficiency. (oops ! Signal to start taking care).
• PCOS-POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME:-The
Disturbances are now no longer in the ovaries
but are manifested in other body parts ( oh! No
.Should have taken care )
WHAT IS IT???(SCIENTIFICALLY)
• Complex endocrine disorder effecting
women(characterized by increased androgen
function and ovulatory disfunction).
• Ovaries affect the health of the body and the health
of our body affects the vibrancy of the
• Viscious cycle of events cause ovaries
to doom !
which are…. ! (lets start with basics!).
The “normal cycle”
• Day 0-5:- LH,FSH produce
follicles (bubbles)in ovary
around egg and they
• Day 6-14:-uterine lining
thins , cervix lining is thin
and watery , dominant
follicle is ready with mature
• Day 15(ovulation):-enzyme
breaks follicle , mature egg
goes to fallopian tubes ,
uterus full with nutrients ,
The “pcod/pcos cycle”
• Day 0-5:- low/high LH,FSH
therefore low chances of
healthy follicles and low/no
ESTROGEN production .
• Day 6-14:-no dominant
follicle (no secretion of
estrogen in blood),no
• DAY 15:-Follicle does not
break (due to low
can’t travel to fallopian
tubes . uterus,cervix-
The “normal cycle”
• Day 16-28( luteal ):-egg
starts moving through
tube,uterine –thick,cervix –
• Egg passes out of uterus
,uterine lining shed,
“YES ! PERIOD “
The “ pcod / pcos cycle”
• Day 16-28:- egg does not
pass through tube as there
is no egg in it (obviously
!).uterine ,cervix -normal
(or rather dry and unhealthy
• Egg does not pass out of
uterus , uterine lining still
“NO PERIOD” .
1. Type-2 diabetes.
2. High blood pressure.
3. Heart diseases.
4. High body fat.
5. Bones and joints problem.
6. Depression , frustration
7. INFERTILITY.(difficulty in concieving).
9. Hair loss ,acne ,tender breasts)
10.Irregular,painful periods,heavy/scanty bleeding
etc…(phew! The list is endless)
AGE OLD TREATMENTS
• HOMEOPATHY :-
It works by changing the constituition of the body by
tracking the root cause of the cysts and makes the
body ready to the natural way of curing itself .
The good part :- no side effects,sweet to taste.
The bad part:- time consuming,pills to pop.
It works by making the body get used to the
herbs,barks,leaves etc which are natural and highly
safe way to treat sensitive body parts (here,ovaries).
The good part:-no side effects,long term results.
The bad part:-yuckkk! to taste,tortoise slow.
FOOD AND NUTRITION
The “YAY” FOODS:-
• Unprocessed carbs(slow and steady rise in blood
sugar,low GI):- whole wheat,grains,jowar,rice,ragi,barley
• Complete proteins(hormones made up of proteins):-
Milk and its products,fish,eggs,dals etc.
• Essential fatty acids(omega 3 &6) reduce GI of food:-
ghee,walnuts,salmon,oils(groundnut ,sesame , sunflower
,rice bran olive,coconut,cannola).etc
• Micro minerals(improve body’s insulin sensivity):-
• Calcium(cramp reduction):-dairy food , calcium
supplements . curd ,tofu , paneer , sprouts ( vit b12).
FOOD AND NUTRITION-2
THE “NAY” FOODS :-
• Processed food:- white
• Fast food(noodles),packaged food(ready to eat
• Restaurant food(oils , bad veg and non-veg
),outside food(pizzas , burgers ,puffs ,)etc.
• High bolied food.
• Heavy meat.
• Cool drinks,high caffiene drinks etc.
• High amounts of Sweets,chocolates.
• Any late night binging food.
NEW TECHNOLOGY TREATMENT
• LAPROSCOPY(OVARIAN DRILLING/DIATHERMY):-
Small incision in abdomen( gen. anesthisia )
Abdomen inflated with co2(through tube) to insert
Surgeon views at ovaries via laproscope and carefully makes
small punctures to burst the cysts.
The fluid is sucked by vacuum pump out of the ovary.
The ovary is free of any cysts (immature follicles).
• Fast and effective.
• Less time(out patient service).
• Quick recovery time.
• Minimal scarring.
• Best way to treat infertility.
• When handled incorrectly, causes internal infections.
• Chances of developing cysts sooner.(observation)
• Difficult when there are large number of cysts.
• Might be painful for some.
• Cases of reported weaker ovaries post laproscopy in
What does the patient need???
• Best way is to go natural even after surgery.
• Regularly timed meals , a healthy routine ,
• Stress free mind
• Its treatable!- so please relax.
• Lots of love and support from family.
• Lastly , Lots of love and respect towards her
own self !
STOP ABUSING YOUR BODY. YOU
PEACEFUL.FIND WAYS TO BE
HAPPY AND ACTIVE.MAKE TIME
FOR YOURSELF BECAUSE,YOU ARE
JUST PERFECT AND YOU DESERVE