Title: Grassroots Campaign Captain
Project Overview: INEQUALITY FOR ALL is a Sundance award winning film that will be
released in theatres nationwide on September 27th. A passionate argument on behalf of
the middle class, INEQUALITY FOR ALL features Robert Reich – professor, best-selling
author, and Clinton cabinet member - as he demonstrates how the widening income
gap has a devastating impact on the American economy. The film is an intimate portrait
of a man whose lifelong goal remains protecting those who are unable to protect
themselves. Through his singular perspective, Reich explains how the massive
consolidation of wealth by a precious few threatens the viability of the American
workforce and the foundation of democracy itself. In this INCONVENIENT TRUTH for the
economy, Reich uses humor and a wide array of facts to explain how the issue of
economic inequality affects each and every one of us.
The film’s social action team is hiring 25 grassroots organizers to lead on-the-ground
organizing efforts leading up to and during the release of the film.
Learn more at inequalityforall.com and facebook.com/inequalityforall
Number of positions available: 25
Time commitment: 2 months @ 50 hours/month (avg. 12.5 hrs/week). This will vary
depending on what region you live in.
Start date: Sept 9
Tentative end date: Oct. 30 (depends on what region you live in)
• Outreach to local organizations for and coordination of screening events and
• Attend theatrical screenings - serve as ambassador at screenings (e.g. pass out
swag, newsletter sign-up, welcome people, assist panelists).
• Support grassroots promotional efforts offline (postcards/poster distribution) online
(local blogs, sites, social media) and broadcast (local TV, radio).
• At least one year as an organizer with a social change organization.
• Demonstrated commitment to economic justice and progressive social change.
• Knowledge of local and state-wide organizations working on economic reform.
• Previous experience in community mobilization or event production.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative.
• Great communicator.
Salary: $20/hour; up to $2,000 total for two months
To Apply: Email a brief letter of interest and resume or LinkedIn profile to Steph –
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know where you learned about the position
and why you are interested in it.
Application deadline: Friday, September 6th