Free iPad Apps
April 2, 2014
iPad Apps for Math
5 Dice: Order of Operations
• Shapes, color, snap to grid,
numbers on pieces
• You can save your work.
This app provides manipulatives to use on the iPad.
• Write and calculate without
• Portrait or landscape
• Redo and undo functions
This app allows students to use their own
handwriting to calculate.
• Basic +, -, *, /
• Powers, roots, exponents
• %, |5|
• Constants, i.e., pi
• Alphabetical indexes
• No Internet connection required
This app is from the University of Texas at Austin
• Over 1,000 entries that
includes Middle School Math,
Algebra and more
• Colorful, annotated
How it worksTypes
• Enter one ratio and then a value
for either the numerator or
denominator for the other ratio
This app solves proportions - two equations
with two ratios.
• width/height, Fahrenheit/Celsius,
weight/height, mph/meters, U.S.
dollars/Euros, pixels/inches, and
5 Dice: Order of
• Use up to 5 devices and play
• Built in space for students to solve
This app provides a game to practice
order of operations.
• Addition, subtraction,
multiplication and division
• Exponents and brackets
More Math Apps to Explore
• Sketchpad Explorer
• Middle School Math
• HMH Fuse: Geometry CCSS Edition
• Math Snacks HD
• Calculus Doodlus
• Algebra Champ
• Slope Slider
iPad Apps for Science
Solve the Outbreak
• Research content for
• Learn new concepts
• Prepare for quizzes and
• Text, video, interactive
objects, images, mind
maps, quizzes, and
This app was developed by the CK-12 Foundation.
They provide open-source content and tools for
math and science.
• Life Sciences,
Physics and more
Type of ContentContent
• Terms are listed alphabetically and
key words are linked
• Links to content on the website
This app was created by Visionlearning, Inc.
• Glossary of scientific terms
and short biographies that
support their site:
• Most appropriate for 8th grade
• Gives hints on reactions to try
• Featured reactions menu to go
through themed sets
• Links to more resources
Created by the Museum of Science
and Industry in Chicago
• Almost 300 virtual chemical
• Images and videos illustrate
• Touch elements in Periodic Table to
Solve the Outbreak
ContentHow it works
• Learn about diseases and outbreaks
• Learn how the CDC saves lives
• You can also post your score and
This app was developed by the Centers for
Disease Control and Prevention.
• Get clues, analyze data, solve the
scenario to save lives.
• Students are disease detectives
• This app can connect to add your
data to the Encyclopedia of Life.
• Great for sharing observations on
• Read guide at
This app was created to record observations
that can be shared with others.
• Record your observations of the
• Maps and photos
• Create lists
More Science Apps to Explore
• Particle Zoo
• Virtual Bacterial ID Lab
• Language Central: Physical Science
• Xperica HD
• NOVA Elements
• 3D Cell Simulation & Stain Tool
• Building Serial Circuits Lite